Chapter 1

• Dedicated to becka_velasco

Chapter 1

The sheets on the bed scrunched as I heard movement beside me. My eyes fluttered open, greeted by the brightness of the sun and the most beautiful brown eyes I had ever seen.

"Morning sleepy head," the equally beautiful sound of my husband's voice echoed around the room. The sides of my mouth tugged up into a smile as I blinked several times to adjust to the light.

"Morning," I replied, moving closer to him. The warmth of his body enveloped me as he wrapped his arms around me. I moved my lips close to his, connecting it with his and savoring the moment. It was moments like these that I wished I could stay in bed forever.

"I wish we could stay like this forever." I smiled again─he had just read my mind.

"We can't; our parents are coming over. Remember?" I said, sitting up. He heaved a heavy sigh as he sat up, running a hand through his messy black hair. He kissed my cheek as he got out of the bed.

"So what's the plan Sergeant?" He asked, looking at me with his hands on his hips, a playful expression on his face.

"You shower first while I make breakfast?" I replied more as a question, getting onto my feet.

"Sounds like a plan," he said, taking a few long strides towards me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "Though, I wish you could join me in the shower?" He asked with a hopeful expression on his face. I shook my head from side to side, biting my bottom lip to keep from laughing at his pouting face─he looked so adorable.

He leaned down and kissed me once again, my arms instinctively wrapping around his neck. The way his lips moved smoothly on mine made me feel like I never wanted to leave. Reality struck as I dropped my arms from around his neck and turned around, walking towards the door. 12:30 pm, the clock read. We had a little over five hours before our parents would arrive.

I walked into our kitchen, towards the fridge and picked up the carton of eggs. I then walked to the stove and picked out a pan from the group of pans dangling above, and placed it on the stove, turning it on. I picked up a bottle of oil and poured some of it into the pan. I quickly scrambled some eggs and divided it into two and planted them on two plates. Afterwards, I toasted two whole wheat bagels and made a fruit salad.

“Everything looks delicious,” Alex said as I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his chin rest on my shoulder. I smiled as I leaned into him.

“Want some coffee?” I asked, turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck. He looked into my eyes and smiled.

“I think I'll have tea today.”

“Alright,” I replied, walking over to the kettle and filling it up with water to make the tea.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~

After breakfast, I jogged up the carpeted stairs and into our bedroom, stripping off my clothing and putting on a short white robe.

I felt warm strong arms wrap around my waist, causing me to shriek from surprise. I turned around and was slightly taken aback by how close we were. He smirked at me, obviously noticing my reaction. "Did I scare you baby?" He mocked. I chuckled slightly as I rolled my eyes. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine for the third time this morning. I was astonished by the intoxicating feeling I got every time we kissed. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

"Time's awasting," I said as we broke apart. I walked past him towards the bathroom, earning a playful slap on my butt. I jumped slightly and turned around to find him holding back laughter from my reaction. He gestured towards the bathroom. Rolling my eyes, I followed his instruction.