Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A/N:
Thank you for checking out chapter 29! We're just one chapter away! We're so close to the end! I hope you've been enjoying the story so far. I know I say it a lot, but I really do hope I haven't bored you. Anyway, this chapter is a little short because it is a filler chapter. But I promise the last chapter will be much longer. So I hope you'll enjoy!

Happy Reading,

candysweet101
*******************************************************************************************************************

UNEDITED 

Meet me at eight tomorrow at the restaurant I proposed.

Wear something formal.

I repeated what the card had said in my mind but I was still questioning it.

It was the day that I was supposed to meet Alex at the restaurant. And although I had had all night to think about it, I wasn't sure if I should still go.

Or even if the invite was truly from Alex.

But it did say 'where I proposed'. And there was only one person who had ever proposed to me. I groaned internally as I shook myself out of my thoughts, something that I had been doing lately. But with everything going on, it was hard for me not to get wrapped up in my thoughts since something was always coming up.

"Victoria."

I turned my head to the driver's seat as I heard my name being called. Fae looked away momentarily from the road to smile at me as she continued speaking.

"You're worrying about this too much. I'm sure everything is going to work out."

 "How can you be so sure?" I asked her, looking over to find the smile still on her face.

Did she know something?

 "Because it's Alex that we're talking about. He'd never do anything to hurt you."

I wasn't satisfied with her answer. But to be honest, I wasn't sure if there was an answer that I could've been satisfied with. But I still nodded my head.

A few minutes later, we arrived at our destination. After Fae had read the card and suggested that I should go, she offered to help me to choose something to wear. 

We both got out after she had parked and walked towards the mall. I looked over at Fae and she looked at me with a smile, causing my lips to turn into a smile of my own.

I was happy and excited about this date with Alex since it meant that we were getting back together; but from her behavior, I couldn't help but to suspect something.

"Fae! Victoria!" 

We both turned around when we heard our names being called, to see Mary and Ashley walking towards us. A small smile made it's way onto my lips as I wondered why they were here too.

"You made it," Fae said, hugging both of them briefly. I looked at all of them confused after hugging them as well.

"What are you talking about Fae?" I asked her.

 "I thought we might need some help picking out the perfect dress," she replied, her smile still on her face. 

Although hearing that made me feel very happy, I couldn't ignore the small part of me which was sounding alarms. I nodded my head and followed them inside the building, getting ready to search for the perfect dress.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~

After hours of walking through multiple stores, and feeling like the task was impossible, I was finally able to find the perfect dress. I couldn't stop smiling as I imagined the look which Alex would have when he saw me in it. Everything was going to be perfect.

I walked into the lobby of the apartment building with Fae beside me. Throughout the whole shopping trip, she had been nothing but kind; helping me when I needed it. Although Mary and Ashley both helped, ultimately, it was Fae who helped me find the dress I wanted.

It reminded me of how we would go shopping together when we were young. A nostalgic feeling swept through me at the thought, causing me to wonder if we could ever do it again.

As we walked into the elevator, Fae spoke, finally taking a break from using her phone.

"I really hope everything will work out well for you and Alex."

A contagious warm smile formed on her face, causing me to feel the pull of my lips as they did the same.

"Thanks Fae, that really means a lot." She nodded her head just as the elevator reached my floor.

"Let me know how it goes okay?" she asked while I walked out.

"Okay."

I walked into my place and looked at the clock, seeing that it was almost seven, giving me just enough time to get ready and leave.

I walked into my bedroom and quickly changed into the purple dress and paired it with black heels. After applying light makeup, I stood before my mirror, admiring the work I had done. Again, I couldn't stop the smile which formed when I thought about Alex seeing me like this. 

The sound of my phone vibrating on my bedside table broke me out of my daydream, causing me to walk over to it and pick it up. 

Good luck Victoria, the message from Fae read. I replied a quick thank you before rushing with my final touches and leaving.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~

I walked into the restaurant with a smile on my face. I couldn't wait to see him and finally hear the words I had been waiting to hear from him. Just the thought of it was enough to make my heart beat accelerate. 

"Do you have a reservation miss?" the hostess asked. 

"Yes, under Matthews," I replied to her question. She looked through her book of reservations for a short while before looking back at me with a smile.

"Of course, follow me." 

I followed her to a table in the middle of the floor. I took my seat and was immediately met with a waitress.

"Can I get you a drink?" she asked kindly. After telling her what I wanted, I sat back looked at the menu, waiting─waiting for my husband to finally arrive.