Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A/N:

Thanks for checking out another chapter of OTL! I know it was a long wait but I promise to upload the next chapter sooner. It was a little hard for me to write but I hope you still enjoy it. 

This chapter is dedicated to taguro13 for reading and voting for this story. I hope you're enjoying the story so far :)

Happy Reading,

candysweet101 

*********************************************

"Can I have an orange juice?" I asked the guy behind the bar. His lifted an eyebrow surprised, before turning around to start getting my drink.

"You came to a bar to get juice?" I detected a jocular tone in his voice when he spoke. When  he turned around, he had orange juice in a small glass.

"Thanks," I said hesitantly before walking towards our table. We had only been here for thirty minutes but it felt like eternity as I stayed at the table and watched Fae and Ashley get up multiple times to dance with random guys.

So far only one guy had asked me but I couldn't get myself to go with him. Alex was clouding my mind every time I decided to get on the dance floor. I sat there, watching Ashley and Fae having fun with two guys, each dancing with a partner as I drank my juice. I placed the glass onto the small table when there wasn't anymore, before getting up to get another drink.

"Back for more juice?" the bartender asked when I got to the bar. I sat on one of the stools and placed my elbows on the cool surface of the bar.

"Are you making fun of me?" I replied, glaring at him.

"If that's what you want to call it─then yeah, I'm making fun of you."

"And what's so funny about me ordering juice at a bar in a club?"

"Maybe it's just me," he started, grabbing a small glass and a bottle from behind, "but I've noticed that people usually come here to get alcohol."

"Oh really?" I asked, leaning towards him, "and what makes you say that?" As soon as that question left my lips, I felt like an idiot. Of course he would notice that, he was the one serving the drinks.

"That was a stupid question," I said, looking down slightly to avoid showing him my embarrassment. He chuckled slightly before pushing the glass towards me. I never noticed him pouring the clear liquid and looked at him questionably.

"I promise I didn't put anything in it," he said, holding his hands up in defense. 

I looked at the drink not knowing what to do. I had never tasted an alcoholic drink so I was slightly hesitant.

"Come on," the guy said, "it won't hurt you. And it's free." He urged. I heaved a heavy sigh before picking up the glass. I placed it to my bottom lip as I tried to convince myself not to drink it but I must have felt rebellious because before I knew it, I had drank it; scrunching my face at the bitter taste.

"Now was that so hard?" He asked, chuckling.

"Do you always give women free drinks?" I asked once the bitter taste had surpassed, "Jayden?" I finished, looking at his name tag.

He leaned on the bar, bringing his face close to mine. "Only if they're as beautiful as you." I could feel his breath softly touch my upper lip when he spoke. I was about to reply when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Victoria?" I heard the person say as I turned to face them. I looked up to see Mike looking at me with a surprised expression on his face. "What are you doing here?" he continued when I didn't reply.

"Just here with the girls," I quickly replied, turning around to ask Jayden for another drink as I suddenly had the urge to try it again.

"I didn't know you drank," he said, sitting down beside me.

"I don't." I picked up the small glass and poured the drink quickly in an attempt to escape the taste but it was useless. With the second drink, I felt relaxed and yearned for a partner to dance with. I turned around on my stool and with my back against the bar, I began to survey the crowd.

"What are you doing Tori?" Mike said, chuckling slightly.

"Looking for a dance partner." There was a long pause before he got up and offered his hand. I looked at him questionably.

"I can't dance with you. It'll be awkward because your brother and I..." I trailed off.

"I'm nothing like Alex... But it's just one dance. We can stop if you feel too uncomfortable. " And with that, I slowly got up and placed my hand in his, following behind him as he led the way.

When we got to an empty spot on the dance floor, I looked around to find everyone moving to the beat of the song as it blasted through the multiple speakers.

Mike started to move to the song in a goofy dance which got me to giggle slightly─he was always the joker. When the music stopped, he was still dancing, this time doing the running man.

Does it feel good 

Does it feel good 

Does it feel good good 

Does it feel good 

Does it feel good

"This is my favorite song," I said as Robin Thicke's "Feel Good" came on.

"Then lets dance," he said, getting closer to me. My hips slowly started to sway to the beat until we were dancing together, in sync to the beat.

Every second that I'm with you is a special world 

Like I'm your only man, and you're my only girl 

I'd give you all my loving to you 

I began to feel slightly light headed as I danced with Mike. He caught me just in time when I stumbled from my vision becoming blurry.

"Are you alright?" his voice sounded really far away. I nodded as I couldn't form any words at the moment. This couldn't be from those two drinks could it? I thought to myself, feeling my arm being wrapped around Mike's shoulder as he led me away from the dance floor.

We walked to my table and he picked up my things before leaving the club, holding me as close to his body as possible. I could barely hear the music as we walked towards the parking lot, a cool breeze kissing our skin.

"Where are we going?" I managed to say, my voice sounding hoarse.

"I'm taking you home Tori." I quickly pushed him away, struggling to stay on my feet as my head spun.

"I'm alrig─"

"No you're not. I don't know what that guy gave you but it probably wasn't what you asked for" he said, walking towards me and placing a hand on my waist in time to save me from face planting on the concrete floor.

He gently helped me into the passenger seat of his red mustang, buckling the seatbelt before walking over to the driver's side.

As he left the parking lot, I felt my eyelids getting heavy. I tried the best I could to stay awake but when we got to a red light I couldn't fight it anymore. I saw him lightly place his coat on me before I dozed off.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~

The repetitious sound of knocking on a door caused my eyes to flutter as I awoke. I looked around to find the sun lighting up the entire room. As I continued to look around, I realized that this wasn't my room.

Where was I?

"I didn't know who else to talk to about my─" the door opened to reveal a surprised Alex. He looked at me for a few seconds before his eyes strayed to the area beside me. What was he looking at? I thought to myself as I followed his eyes.

My jaw dropped when I saw Mike sitting up beside me. Shirtless.