Chapter 15: Little Girl Lost

~ Klaus' Pov ~

I watch in awe as Caroline takes in New Orleans. Her eyes wide with wonder and amazement. She will soon be the Queen of this city, all hers. I promised everything and I will supply, for my Queen and our child. "Oh my god Klaus, look." Caroline whispers in my ear drawing my attention back to reality. She's looking at a little girl with straight brown hair and big eyes that's smiling at her. "She's precious." She says and smiles widely. The little girl runs up to us and gives Caroline a little flower. 

"This is for you." She says with her sweet little voice. Caroline kneels down so she's eye to eye with the girl. 

"Thank you. It's beautiful." Caroline says and the little girl blushes. She hugs Caroline and smiles brightly at me. 

"It's a girl." She says as she pulls away from Caroline. 

"What is?" Caroline asks. 

"Your baby. It's a girl, and she looks like you." She says and I kneel next to Caroline.

"You can see the baby?" I ask and she nods. 

"She's not very big, but she's very pretty." she says. Caroline looks at me with tears in her eyes. 

"How do you know?" Caroline asks. 

"I'm a witch, my mommy doesn't like it and my daddy doesn't like me very much." She says softly.  

"What's your name?" Caroline asks. 

"Mia." She says. 

"Where are your mommy and daddy sweetie?" Caroline asks and the little girl's face drops a little. 

"They left me in the bayou last night and I can't find them." She says and Caroline's face drops. 

"Come with us sweetie, we'll look for them." Caroline says and Mia nods. Caroline picks her up and stands, I follow. Destiny and Kol walk up to us. 

"Who's this?" Kol inquires with a smile. 

"This is Mia, she's lost her parents." I say and Kol holds his hand out to her. 

"Well Mia, my name is Kol. It's very nice to meet you." She takes his hand and shakes it with a little smile. "We're going to help you find your parents darling." He says and smiles at her. She blushes and hides her face in Caroline's neck. We begin to walk around and ask people if they knew Mia, or who her parents might be.