Chapter 9: Pandemonium

~ Caroline's Pov ~

I can't believe I'm pregnant, since I became a vampire I've accepted the fact that I would never be a mother; I didn't even know if I wanted to be one, even as a human. But now, hearing that fluttering heartbeat, I know I'm meant to be a mother. "So are we just going to leave them standing at the door clueless?"

"I guess not." We look at our boyfriends and Elijah staring at us in confusion at the door. "Well, here comes the fun part; figuring out how to tell them."

"Yippee." I groan sarcastically. Destiny waves her hand in the direction of the door and they rush into the room at warp speed.

"What was all that about?" Klaus wraps his arm around my middle from behind and bites at my neck playfully.

"Yeah, what are you two hiding? Hmm?" Kol mimics Klaus' movements on Destiny while raising an inquisitive eyebrow.

"Now or never, okay boys; story time." She leads Kol to an armchair where he sits and she takes a seat on his lap. Klaus and I sit on a love seat while Elijah sits on a lonesome chair. "So Care Bear, are you gonna tell them or am I?"

"I think you should take the lead on this one." She takes a deep breath and begins.

"So, teensy little detail I neglected to mention when describing being mated. When you're mated with someone, you are able to procreate." The boys all have the same stoic look of confusion on their faces, must run in the family. Suddenly Kol stands up sending Destiny to her feet and almost to the floor.

"Are you?!" He holds her at arms length, his eyes searching hers. She lets out a breathy laugh and nods.

"Yes." He pulls her into her arms, hugging her tightly; refusing to let her go. "Caroline." Destiny sings my name out while still holding on to Kol. I look to Klaus who's eyes have widened considerably.

"Caroline?" His eyes are swimming with hope and worry. I nod my head and let a tear escape my eye. He pulls my body tightly against his. I hold him just as tight, afraid to let him go.

~ Klaus' Pov ~

I'm going to be a father...a father. I'm overcome by a worrying thought, what if I take after Mikael? What if our child hates me? Caroline pulls away from me and stares into my eyes, she raises an eyebrow. I smile and kiss her cheek hoping to conceal my concerns. "This is a miracle." Elijah interjects with a smile. "The Mikaelson family name carries on." He pats Klaus and Kol on the backs and pulls them into an embrace.

"Welcome to our family Caroline." Destiny rests her arm over my shoulders. I place a hand over my stomach.

"We couldn't have asked for a better family." Klaus turns back to me and kisses my lips softly while resting his hand atop of mine. "So is this going to be like a human pregnancy?"

"Not in the slightest. The growth of the babies is accelerated, I honestly don't know how fast; especially since one of them is a hybrid. I can't guarantee there won't be problems, most likely there will be." Kol places his hand over Destiny's stomach.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you or our child, I'll die first." He kisses her forehead then looks over to Caroline and I. "And Caroline I guarantee Klaus will do the same."

"You have my word." I take Caroline's cheek in my hand and press my forehead against hers.

"How about we go get something to eat? I'm starving." Destiny suggests and we all agree.

~ Caroline's Pov ~

As we walk through the town I reflect over my life, my relationship with Klaus, everything thats lead up to this moment. Klaus takes hold of my hand, bringing me back to reality. "Penny for your thoughts?"