Chapter 3: Pandora's Box

~ Caroline's Pov ~

Klaus and I sit on the couch in a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company. "Let's watch some TV." I announce as I grab the remote from the coffee table. I flick through the channels until I find Once Upon A Time, yes I love this show. Through the corner of my eye I see Klaus with a smirk on his face. "What?"

"Nothing love." I turn back to the TV and try to immerse myself in the episode. "What are we watching love?" Klaus' smooth, charming voice interrupts my train of thought; it really makes me wonder why I pushed him away as many times as I have. "Hello? Earth to Caroline?.." I look into his deep blue eyes, then let mine drift to his lips. His perky, oh so lovely lips...I really want to kiss him. My heart beats faster and I'm positive Klaus can hear it because he looks down then meets my eyes again. We're inches apart, I listen to his heartbeat which appears to have also picked up speed. I look back at the TV and he asks me, "What is it about that character that reminds me so much of you?" I smile and look down for a second.

"That's Emma. She's the 'saviour', she is supposed to protect Storybrook from evil and whatnot. That guy with the funky hand is Killian or Captain Hook, you know like the fairy tale. There's something about him that reminds me of you."

"Is it the devilishly charming personality combined with an overwhelmingly sexy accent?" I laugh, "Funny. Hook is in love with Emma, but she thinks he's the bad guy and that he will always be the bad guy, but she makes him a better person. Not that she notices what she's doing. But somehow underneath that rough exterior she sees the good in him that no one else can, you know other than his first mate, Mr Smee but thats besides the point. Emma covers up their connection with hostility and revulsion because she can't admit that she has feelings for him. And she doesn't want to hurt the people she loves by being with him."

"Are we still talking about the show?" I grab the remote and mute the TV. I bend my knee and turn to face Klaus.

"Do you believe a person can change?"

"I do, with the right motivation and good reason yes. Like love, lust, a change of heart, etcetera." His big blue eyes pierce my soul and I forget the world around me, its just me and Klaus.

"I believe that you can change, and that you have changed. No matter how I feel about your revenge plans, I know that you're doing it for the right reasons, you're doing it for him...for Kol. Not for your own selfish needs." He furrows his brows then smiles sadly.

"Why Caroline?"

"You have been hurt, betrayed and abused by people you thought you could trust, myself included. No matter what you do it won't bring everything and everyone you've lost, but you don't do things because you feel like you were cheated out of your own life, you do it because you were cheated out of your life. It was taken from you by force and you had no say, people were taken from you and I am so, so sorry that I am responsible for some of that. I am so sorry about Kol, and Finn and Henrik and Ester and Mikael. I am so sorry." I can no longer contain the tears of guilt that fall from my eyes. I feel a strong pair of warm arms wrap around me, I hug him back.

"Thank you Caroline, you are forgiven." I close my eyes and melt into the embrace. We stay like this for what feels like forever, neither of us wanting to leave this position.

"Awe, isn't this sweet?" We break apart suddenly to see Tyler standing in the kitchen. "Care, what do you thing you're doing here; with him?!" I look at Tyler in disgust.

"I'm here with Klaus because I can be. And because he just lost his brother."

"Care He's a monster! He killed my mother!" Tyler raises his voice so loud I feel like the picture frames are going to fall off the walls.

"An we killed TWO of his siblings and BOTH of his parents! We DAGGERED his sister, CONSPIRED to kill him MULTIPLE TIMES! And we used him constantly!" Tyler looks at me with a dumfounded look on his face as if I just slapped him into next week.

"You're siding with him?! Why are you defending him?!"

"I know what it feels like to lose family and unlike you, I have a heart!" I turn around so my back is facing Tyler. Before he can walk after me into the living room Klaus tells him about the spell.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You come in here, you'll be stuck." I roll my eyes, I start to walk away but suddenly feel a sharp stabbing pain in my abdomen, I look down to see a long piece of metal sticking through my stomach. I'm pulled back against the barrier, I feel fangs sink into my skin and drain blood from my neck. The poison in the fangs makes my body heavy, my legs give out underneath me and the world goes black around me.