Chapter 21: Miracles

~ Destiny's Pov ~

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, I'm in awe of these perfect miracles I hold in my stomach. Kol and I created this, they're ours. Always and forever. Suddenly two strong arms wrap around my middle and embrace my growing bump. "You're staring again." Kol's raspy voice sounds in my right ear as he rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Can you blame me?" I let out a short breath as I lean back into his embrace.

"No." He says and kisses my neck lovingly then returning to his previous position and closing his eyes. "I can hear them." He says softly and rubs his hands over my stomach then back to their position. "Strong and pure." He whispers.

"Like their daddy." I say and he lets out a short laugh.

"Like their mummy." He says and kisses my cheek.

~ Klaus' Pov ~

I walk into Caroline and I's bedroom to find Caroline asleep on her back with both hands resting protectively over our child. I make my way over to her and get on the bed next to her, I place a hand over her stomach and listen to her heartbeat. So fast, so strong...beating hard to keep her alive. "I can't wait to meet you..." I whisper and kiss her stomach. "You are so loved, your mummy is the strongest, bravest, purest person I have ever met. She will always protect you, and I know I'm not worthy of you but no matter what; I will never let harm come to you, if anyone so much as looks at you the wrong way I will tear them apart for daring to insult my princess." I say and lay my head on Caroline's chest. "You are my princess, Always and forever." I feel a hand brush through my hair and rest on my head.

"I love you." Caroline says, sounding like she's crying.

"I love you."

"You are more than worthy. She is the luckiest little girl on the planet, to be blessed with a man so kind and so loyal and devoted to his family as her father." She says. "I love you Klaus, more than any words could ever express. And our baby...She will love you more than anyone else." She says as she final settles her hand in my hair and brushes it lovingly. I kiss her stomach then lie so my head rests on the same pillow as her's. I press my lips against her's then her forehead, she places a hand on my heart and lays her head on my chest. "I love you." She whispers as she falls asleep.

"I love you. Always and forever."

- The Next Day -

~ Stefan's Pov ~
I drive us up the impossibly long stretch of highway into New Orleans, Liz and I switched jobs at the last mile marker; with me on the steering wheel and her as the designated passenger DJ. "Okay okay, what about this one." Liz laughs as she scrolls through her phone looking for the next song. Carry on my Wayward soOooonnThere'll be peace when you are doOoonLay your weary head to reeeAAaast Don't you cry no more. Liz belts out the Kansas song. As the guitar solo blares through the speakers I laugh. "Once I rose above the noise and confusionJust to get a glimpse beyond this illusionI was soaring ever higher, but I flew too hiIighOn a stormy sea of moving emotionTossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

I set a sail for winds of fortune, but I hear the voices say...

Carry on my Wayward soOooonnThere'll be peace when you are doOoonLay your weary head to reeeAAaast Don't you cry no more" Liz and I belt out the song horribly out of tune. "Oh there it is." I say as we come up to a large gate surrounded by woods. The gates open as I turn into the driveway.

"Ooh, fancy." Liz says as I drive us up the tediously long driveway. "Big house." She comments aloud as we drive along a row of trees with the house now in our sights.