Chapter 10: Goodbye Mystic Falls

~ Kol's Pov ~

"So why do we have to go?" I fold my arms over my chest as I address Klaus' ridiculous plan to pack up our lives and move it to New Orleans.

"Because little brother, we are family. And this is or opportunity to start fresh, these babies are our chance to build a life away from those who would do us harm; more specifically the pathetic wastes of space that killed you." I roll my eyes. Shit head has a point.

"When do we leave?" Klaus smiles and pats my shoulder.

"In two weeks, so we have time to sort everything out and say goodbye to everyone." Caroline cuts in with a sweet smile.

"You're a part of this family now little sister, whether you like it or not." She smiles as I speak. Destiny takes my hand and rests her head against my shoulder.

"Always and forever." I smile down at her. "Family comes first, we have your back through hell or high waters, come rain or shine, till death do us part." She smiles up at me. "Even after that." I squeeze her hand.

"I think I can agree to those terms." Caroline says as she wraps her arms around Klaus' waist.

— 1 week later —

~ Caroline's Pov ~

In the past week we've been organising our departure from Mystic Falls and packing up the house, I still haven't spoken to my mom or any of my friends so no one knows we're leaving. I walk past a mirror to put some clothes in my suitcase when I notice my stomach. I put the clothes down and walk back to stand in front of the mirror, I turn to the side and keep my eyes on my stomach. I lift my tank top to reveal a small bump, I stare in amazement and run my hand over the hardened surface. "Klaus." In a matter of seconds Klaus is by my side. "Look." His eyes follow mine to my stomach, a smile spreads across his face.

"Well well well." He keels in front of me and kisses my stomach softly. "Hello little one-" I giggle at him. "Shush." He looks up at me with a smile then goes back to the bump. "I'm your daddy, and this is your mummy. We both love you so so much, I promise you we will protect you with our lives."

"Always and forever." I run my hand through his hair. He stands up and wraps his arms around my waist. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

The next day 

I stand frozen outside my mom's house, what am I going to say to her? How is she going to react? As I get lost in my thoughts, the front door opens to reveal my mom. Tears fill her eyes and a loving smile spreads across her face. "Caroline!" She pulls me into a tight hug.
"Mom." I hug her back. "How are you not ripping my throat out right now?" She pulls away from me and wipes her tears. 

"You are my daughter Caroline, there's nothing you could ever do that would make me hate you. Even when I found out you were a vampire, and this? This is amazing, a miracle. I'm gonna be a grandma! I was so afraid you would never get to experience motherhood, this is a second chance; you get to feel the joy I felt when I had you, the joy I feel when I see the woman you've become. I love you Caroline." I hug her again. "Come on, I'll make some tea." We pull apart and head into the kitchen. We sit there talking about everything. "I thought Klaus was the bad guy?"
"He's really not. He's amazingly sweet, and kind and loving and everything I could have ever asked for." 

"You really love him, don't you?" I look up from my tea and smile. 

"More than anything." I place my hand over my bump. "He's the father of my child, we're a family; always and forever." She smiles and places her hand on top of mine.