Chapter 6: Love Me

~ Caroline's Pov ~ 

Klaus' hands massage my ass, he pulls me harder against his body coaxing me to jump. I comply, wrapping my legs securely around his waist. He pulls my jacket off my body and tosses it somewhere in the room, all while movie us towards the couch. He lays us down, himself above me, as we continue to kiss each other passionately. He trails heated kisses down my neck to my collarbone, he sucks at the base of my neck eliciting a small moan from my lips. I pull him back up to my lips and kiss him hungrily. My fangs poke through and I bite his lip, eliciting a hungry moan from him. I trail my hands to the hem of his shirt and lift it above his head. I stare at his now bare chest and run my hand from his abdomen to his tattoo. "What does it mean?" He smiles.

"Freedom." My eyes meet his, we share a moment of comfortable silence before I pull him back down to me by his necklace and our lips reattach themselves to each other. Just as his hands move to the edge of my shirt, the front door opens. We stop, our lips still connected but motionless. We turn our heads to the hallway to see Elijah but he's not alone. Next to him stands a tall redhead with mesmerising hazel eyes. 

"Klaus." Her voice sweet and strong, cuts through the silence. Klaus pulls his shirt back on then stands, she runs into the room and jumps into his arms. "Its been so long, the 20s right?" He hugs her tightly then pull away. "The years have not been kind." 

"Ah Destiny, still using time against me." They laugh. "You were dead." Klaus' voice is laced with hurt.

"Not exactly, it's a long story dear and one for another time." Her attention turns to me, her eyebrow raises and a smirk spreads across her pouty lips. She's about as tall as I am but thinner and more muscular, she's in skintight black jeans and a white tank top, topped off with a three quarter leather jacket. She approaches me, I stand. 

"And you must be Caroline." She stops in front of me. "Welcome to the family!" She wraps her arms around me in an embrace, I pat her back in an uncomfortable attempt at reciprocating her affection. 

"The what now?" She pulls back looking at me quizzically then a look of realisation passes over her face. 

"Oh thats right you two don't know." 

"Know what?" Klaus, Elijah and I ask in unison. 

"All in good time...Now, where are Finnik and Rebekah?" Klaus and Elijah exchange looks before Elijah steps into the room. 

"Finnik is dead, and quite frankly for the better. He betrayed us Destiny, his own family." She nods but a look of sadness encapsulates her features. The sadness is quickly transformed into worry. 

"And my husband? Where is Nikolai?" Elijah looks away, she looks from Klaus to Elijah then questions again. "Elijah where is Kol?" Elijah's head turns in the direction of the kitchen, she rushes past him into the hallway then freezes as she realises. A piercing scream cascades off the walls as Destiny falls to her knees. She struggles to stand but makes her way into the kitchen. 

~ Elijah's Pov ~

Destiny kneels by the table and pulls Kol's lifeless body atop her lap. She holds him close to her as she sobs, she runs her hand through his hair then holds his hand in hers and kisses is. "I'll get you back my love." She whispers. I approach her and place my hand on her shoulder. "Bring him into the living room." She orders. I nod and take my brother's body to the couch, I lay him with his head resting on a pillow then brush my hand over his hair. Destiny enters the room and kneels by the couch holding her hands over Kol's chest. She closes her eyes, a few seconds pass and she stands muttering an incarnation then forces her hand into his chest cavity. Caroline gasps, I turn to face her and nod to assure her it was part of the spell. About five seconds later the grey plaguing Kol's skin dissipates and his natural colour returns. His eyes fly open and he inhales sharply and deeply. Destiny removes her hand from his chest, I hand her my handkerchief and she wipes the blood away.