Chapter 8: Love Multiplied

~ Elijah's Pov ~

The night has been long, I spent the entirety of it situated at the bar of the Grill avoiding returning home as so to spare myself from Kol and Destiny's antics, and of course refraining from any confrontations at the Gilbert house. Seeing as it is now morning I should wake the reacquainted lovers. I walk to the Gilbert house, taking in the quaint town as I go. Despite my human walking pace I arrive at the house rather quickly, I let out a breath and walk inside making sure to keep my eyes off the living room. "Is it safe to come in brother?" There's a rustle and some movement.

"Its safe." When I enter the room I take in their appearances, Caroline stands with messy hair and wears Klaus' shirt; while he adorns only his pants and a proud smirk.

"Good morning Elijah." Caroline breaks the silence.

"Ms Forbes." I nod. "Get dressed, I'll meet you outside." I turn to leave but Klaus stops me.

"One tiny detail brother, we're still trapped in here." I roll my eyes.

"I had a witch undo the boundary spell-"

"And exactly how long have we been able to leave?" Klaus cuts me off, his eyes darkening.

"The spell was lifted about twenty minutes after we left last night." At this particular point in time, both Klaus and Caroline look ready to dagger me and throw my coffin in the ocean. "I will meet you outside." I turn and walk out the front door. Within a minute they join me on the terrace and we speed off to the mansion.

~ Klaus' Pov ~

We walk through the front door of the mansion and head for Kol's room. Elijah opens the door, Caroline gasps and I cover her eyes before assessing the scene we've walked in on. "Ever heard of knocking brothers? It's been eighty years since last I saw my beautiful wife and we can't even get a day to ourselves." Kol pulls the covers up over Destiny, sheltering her naked body from us.

"We gave you time brother." Elijah avoids eye contact as he addresses Kol.

"Clearly not enough." Destiny speeds out of the bed and into the ensuite. Moments later she returns, now clothed with her hair thrown into a messy bun. She approaches Caroline and takes her hand, leading her down the stairs.

"Dress yourself." Elijah turns and leaves the room, we leave Kol to change. Once we reach the kitchen I hear his bedroom door close, there's another sound as well. I hear heartbeats, more than ours. "Do you hear that?"

"Yes." Elijah and I speed around the house trying to find the sources of the heartbeats.

~ Destiny's Pov ~

My eyes widen as I realise what Klaus and Elijah have heard. I look to Caroline and speed us into the parlour, putting a spell on the entrance so no one can come in or hear what's being said. "Destiny, what's going on?"

"Caroline did you and Klaus have sex last night?" She blushes and looks away.

"I don't really think thats your business, but if you must know..yes."

"I may have left a tiny detail out when I told you what the bond means." She raises her eyebrow. "When you are bonded with someone, you become more human...in some ways."

"In what ways?"

"You can get pregnant." Her eyes widen. "Did you and Klaus use protection?"

"No, why would we?"

"Okay, neither did Kol and I." She lets out a breath.

"But how can you tell? It just happened, it would take a few days or a week at the most, right?"

"Caroline, we're not human. If we get hurt, we heal in a matter of seconds. So it stands to reason that conception works the same." As I explain the guys begin to bang on the barrier.

"So how do we find out?"

"Listen." We both stay silent and focus on our bodies. Then out of silence comes the fluttering beat of a baby's heart, there's more than just two...interesting.

"Oh my god." She places her hands on her stomach. "That's my baby?" I nod and place my hand on mine, my heart swells twice its natural size. "What are we going to tell them?"

"Uh, we'll improvise." We turn to the entrance and let out a breath, here we go.