Chapter 16: Family

~ Caroline's Pov ~ 

We've been walking around for hours asking people about Mia and her parents but we've had absolutely no luck. Mia's asleep now, her head resting on my shoulder as we walk. "I think we should just take her home Klaus." I say quietly so I don't wake her up.

"She can have the nursery." Destiny offers and Klaus nods. 

"Let's go home." Kol says and we all head back towards the house. Once we're out of public view we speed off to the house, arriving there in seconds. 

"I'm gonna go put her to bed." I whisper as I walk into the house. I hear Klaus' heavy footsteps following me up the stairs to the nursery. I place Mia gently in the antique crib and Klaus pulls a large blanket over her. She clutches the blanket close to her and smiles sweetly. My heart swells as Klaus places his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to his side. Is this what being a mom feels like? I think and rest my head on Klaus' shoulder. 

~ Kol's Pov ~ 

Destiny and I lie lazily on the sofa, the low mumble of the TV in the background. My hand lies protectively over our child, it's heart beating fast. "What do you think?" Destiny asks quietly. 

"Of what?" I ask. 

"Is it a boy or a girl?" She replies and I smile softly. 

"Does it matter?" I question. 

"No, of course not. I just want to know." She says softly. 

"Hmm. Its a boy." I say and she turns her head to face me. 

"I think its a girl." She says and I kiss her nose. 

"Then she's a girl." I say and she laughs quietly. "Or he's a boy." I say and she growls playfully. 

"We'll see." She says and kisses my lips softly. She pulls away suddenly and stares down at her stomach with a look of fear and amazement on her face. 

"What's wrong? What happened?!" I ask frantically and she smiles. She kisses my lips then takes my hand and places it back over her bump. I continue to kiss her until I feel her stomach move. I pull away and stare. "Was that..." I ask and she nods teary eyed. 

"That's our baby." She says happily. That's our baby.