Chapter One. Abandoned.

Chapter one

There's always a reason one needs to change.

Either it has learned enough that it wants to, or has been hurt enough that it needs to.

I had to change. I didn't really have a choice though. I've been hurt so many times. Abused. Mentally and physically. Sexually...

*flashback*

I was in a car with Mary and Paul. We were driving to the kindergarden. It was my first day. I was nervous but excited. Paul and Mary looked at me. They turned to me and smiled.

Paul forgot to hit the brake.

A car hit us. It killed Paul and left Mary severely injured. When the ambulance got here she was immediately escorted to intensive care. The doctors were saying stuff like:

"She isn't gonna make it"

"The injuries are too deep for her to survive"

"The child is lucky to be alive"

"The mother is gonna die within the hour"

I never heard from her again. She was probably dead.

*end of flashback*

So here I am. In this stupid orphanage.

I just turned 17 years old. My name is Katelyn. I don't know who my family is. Or my birth date. I only know the year. But I just assume that the date is the 1st of January.

I think Im from America because I have an American accent. I can speak Spanish.

I have curly brown hair and green eyes. I'm skinny. This is the poorest orphanage in London.

So yeah, it's winter, and it's freezing.

They don't feed us much. Sometimes, they don't feed us at all. Or it's just me. Our caretaker Mrs. Tulane hates me. I killed her brother and sister. They were my first adoptive parents. They died in a car crash because of me.

I went downstairs. It was time for dinner. Today I got half a sandwich. It was more then I was use to. I couldn't eat all of it so my caretaker yelled at me. I just ignored her. She yelled again. I ignored her. And again she yelled:

- Katelyn if you don't listen to me I will have you kicked out of this house!

I didn't listen.

-Thats it! I don't care if you're only 17, you're a pain in my ass and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

She grabbed my arm and flung me out of the orphanage.

-And don't you dare come back!

I was wearing thin clothes. I didn't have any thick ones.

With that she slammed the door shut and I was left outside. Nowhere to go. Nowhere to sleep. Nowhere. Nowhere. Nowhere...

I wasn't the kind of person who would feel sorry for myself. I never did. Everything happens for a reason. The abuse? That happened for a reason too. I didn't know why. But part of me was glad that I was being abused. I end up hating that part of me. That may have destroyed my childhood but I've also never felt stronger.

So here I am, yet again abandoned.

I walked around for a bit. I saw happy families, the smiles of children.

I always tried my hardest to make everyone around me happy, because I know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless, and I don't want anyone else to feel that way. Ever.

I kept walking. People around me observed my state. I knew it was horrible. I even got a gift of 3 dollars.

I could make a living out of this!

I smiled at the person who have me the money. It was a boy. He was about 19 or 20 years old, he had straight black hair, and blue eyes.

He smiled back at me.

I kept walking.

...............................................................

Authors note.

Hey guys! Sorry for the short shitty chapter, but there will be more coming! Just bear with me okay?

Love you all!