Chapter 13. Rumors

Chapter 13

Katelyns POV

We were still hugging. I had my guard up. All the trust we once had was lost. And an apology wasn't going to regain it. They could still hurt me. I knew they could.

We ended up watching a movie. Paranormal activity. I didn't find scary movies scary. I found my life a lot scarier.

All the boys were screaming. I was laughing at them. It was a four hour movie so I fell asleep somewhere in the middle. I was next to Nathan so apparently I put my head on his shoulder in my sleep. Nathan ended up falling asleep too.

*the next morning*

I woke up and realized I was still on the couch.

With Nathan.

We were going to the studio at 2 today so I went to get ready.

*2 hours later*

- Ready to see the fans? - Jay asked me.

I swallowed.

- As ready as I'll ever be. - I replied.

Terrified.

The boys stepped out first. They mentioned me on twitter a couple of times so the fans are probably gonna go crazy. Max helped me out of the car.

- Im claustrophobic. - I whispered to Max. By now I was gripping his hand like there was no tomorrow.

- Oh crap. - he pulled me in front on him so now Jay was in front of me and Max was behind me. I was still holding his hand.

When we were almost at the studio one of the paparazzi touched me. I got so scared that I ran away. The boys were calling my name but I didn't care.

I just had to get out of there. I ran into an alley and sat down. The guys were looking for me. Tom went to the alley I was in and started calling my name. I didn't listen. I just needed to think.

*one hour later*

Nathan's POV

I was pacing back and forth.

- We will find her Nath. - Siva said.

- I know I'm just worried about her.

Katelyns POV

I was at the studio doors.

The head security guard let me in and told me where to find the boys. I was standing outside their door. I quietly opened it.

- Guys? - I said. Their heads popped towards me.

- Kate! - they said and ran towards me. They plopped on top of me as we fell down.

- Oof! - I said. That's just what I say sometimes. Don't judge.

*after recording*

- Kate why did you run away? - Jay asked me.

- One of the paparazzi people touched me. - I said looking down at the floor.

It was time to go. There was no back door so we had to go through all the fans again.

We were walking towards the door. But when it was right there I stopped.

- It's okay Kate. - Nathan told me.

I grabbed onto him and nodded my head.

We were now outside. Siva was taking a picture with someone, Jay and Tom and Max were signing autographs and Nathan was with me.

The fans were grabbing for my clothes, and the paparazzi were asking questions.

Miss! What is your name!?

Miss how old are you!?

Miss! Over here! Are you dating any of the boys?!

Miss why are you here?!

Miss! Miss! Is it true that you were abused from an early age?!

The last question caught my attention. Nathan heard it too.

I looked at the guy who asked the question. I was on the verge of tears.

Nathan was now beating up the guy who asked the question. I was standing behind Nathan. I tried asking him to stop a few times, but from all the screaming he couldn't hear me.

I touched his shoulder. My hands were tiny compared to the boys, so he figured out it was me.

He looked at me and from my eyes he saw the message I was trying to give him.

He stopped punching the guy, and started leading me towards the car.

We were in the car.

"Yes it's true..."

I whispered to myself.

He noticed, and came up to hug me.

It felt okay when he touched me.

The hug was silent. He didn't say a word. Then Jay got in and saw me crying. He started rubbing my back.

TOUCHING!!!

That's the last thing I remember before falling asleep.