Chapter 32. USB Port.

Chapter 32

Katelyn's POV

I didn't sleep that night.

I was too afraid to even close my eyes.

Every time I did, the memory from last night would just play in my mind over and over again.

So I just laid there in the bed, quietly sobbing all night.

I felt Nathan's body get out of bed. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

I heard him exit the room and go into the living room.

I got out of the bed and put my clothes back on.

The sound of the hotel room door being ripped open frightened me, and made me fall to the floor.

I heard shouting coming from the room Nathan was in.

I crawled towards the corner of the room and pulled my knees up to my chest.

I stared at the bedroom door. Waiting for it to be opened any second and to reveal either my hero, or my greatest nightmare.

Suddenly the door was opened, and revealed... Tom.

I forced myself to stand up and then we both started running towards each other.

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Our bodies crashed together and we both stumbled, then I fell on top of him, as we reached the floor.

- Hi. - he said to me.

- Hi. - I replied back, giggling.

His presence made him forget the dreadful event from last night. He made me feel safe again.

- What happened? - he asked me.

- Umm... Oh my God how do I say this? - I thought about how to say this. - Well Nath sort of forcefully pushed his USB into my USB port. - I trailed off at the end.

His eyes quickly filled with anger. He pulled himself up, and helped me up before storming out of the room.

I ran after him.

Tom's POV

I stormed out of the room. I saw Nathan talking to the police at the far end of the room, but that didn't stop me.

I ran towards him. As soon as I reached him I picked him up by the collar and slammed him against the wall.

- If you ever do anything to hurt her ever again, even if it's just a scratch on the leg... I'll kill you. - I said to him through gritted teeth.

I let go of him, and saw Kate a little bit farther behind me looking at me with tears in her eyes.

In a matter of seconds, I appeared next to her and put my arms around her.

- What's wrong? - I asked her.

She looked into my eyes and I looked into hers. Her emerald green eyes were still shining bright, even in this situation.

- You really do care... - she whispered.