Chapter 8. Coming back.

Chapter 8

I looked around. I was in a dark corridor. No windows, no doors. I turned around and saw people chasing me. I started to run the opposite direction. I suddenly saw a bright light. I ran faster, but it kept getting farther and farther.

-Go to your happy place. - something whispered to me.

I pictured myself with the boys, at home.

I kept running towards the light. Suddenly it became really close to me and it swallowed my body. I felt like I was flying.

Like I was free.

*out of coma*

I heard a faint beeping sound. Someone was holding my hand. I slowly turned my head to the direction of the person and opened my eyes. I saw Jay in tears. It was heartbreaking.

- Jay... - I whispered to him.

With that he looked up and saw me. Awake. Conscious.

- Oh my god, you're awake. I thought that I lost you!

- Well you almost did. But here I am.

- Here you are.

- Where are the others?

With that he rushed through the door and a few minutes later came back with the boys. They were talking about something so I said:

- Hey guys.

They looked at me.

- KATELYN! - they all shouted and started pouring down questions on me.

I was so confused. I looked at them.

Nathan was shedding tears of joy, Siva was probably thanking god or doing some other religion thing and Tom and Max were pouring questions non stop.

Finally the doctor came in. He saw me awake. And yelled:

- Stop!

With that they all stopped and calmed down.

- Now, Kate I'm sorry.

- About what?

- The gunshot. It fired in a certain place in the stomach and now you can't have children.

I looked at him.

- And one of your rib cages is broken.

I was on the verge of tears.

- And you're gonna have extreme pain in your rib cage at random times.

I couldn't take it anymore. One tear made it's way out of the corner of my eye.

But then I felt like a tank has driven over my ribs. I started screaming in pain.

- What's happening to her?! - Nathan shouted.

- It's her rib.

And with that he stuck a needle in my arm. The pain got easier. And in a few seconds it was completely gone.

- When can I go home? - I asked the doctor.

- Tomorrow morning.

- Okay. How long was I in a coma?

- 2 months. - Nathan said.

I looked at him like he was crazy. But I guess he wasn't joking. Shit.

- Damn. - that was all I could say.

- Well guys you should let her get some rest. - the doctor said.

- Can one of us stay with her? - Tom asked.

- Of course. But only one. - he said.

They started arguing about who could stay. Finally they ended up doing Rock Paper Scissors.

Max won. The other guys said their goodbyes. And looked at Max with...

Jealousy?

*at 10 pm*

- Kate you should get some rest. - Max said.

- Fine but you too.

- Okay. - and with that he grabbed a pillow and blanket out of the closet in the hospital room and lied down on the chairs in the room.

- Hey whatcha doing? You have to come up here with me! - I didn't want him to sleep on the chairs. The idea of it was horrible to me. It was like sleeping in a closet. Horrifying.

- Okay. - with that he came up to me and asked - you sure?

- Yeah. I don't want you sleeping on those chairs! - I said.

- Okay. - he moved me a little to the side. Carefully. Then situated himself next to me.

I buried my face in his chest. Smelling his cologne.

- Good night, love. - he said to me.

- Night.

With that I let sleep take over me and drifted off.

When I was in Maxes arms I had a safe feeling.

I don't know why though.

----------------------------------------------

Comment

Vote

Share

Ugh it's so cold in my room an my fingers are so numb ;-;