Chapter 14. Cuts.

Chapter 14

Nathan's POV

- So what happened? - Max asked me.

- One of the paparazzi people asked it if was true that she was being abused from an early age. - I replied looking at her. She was still asleep.

- Oh. - he said.

At home.

Katelyns POV

Someone was carrying me upstairs. I opened my eyes just to see a very sleepy Jay.

- Hi, Jay. - I said in a sleepy tone.

- Hey.

We were in my room now. Jay put me on my bed and sat down next to me.

- Can I ask you something? - he looked concerned.

- Sure. - I said to him.

- What are those scars on your wrists? - he said and pointed to them.

- Those are scars... From... Cutting. - I replied.

- Cutting? Oh god. Kate when was the last time you did it?

- When we got back from our most recent visit to the hospital. - I replied hesitantly. By now I had my guard up in case he would hit me.

But instead he hugged me and told me never to do it again. That's when he let go of me and I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning.

I went downstairs and found Tom sitting on the couch. I turned around but I was too late. He already noticed me.

- Where you going? - he asked as if he was 5 years old.

- To my room. - I replied in the same tone.

- Why? Look, Im sorry I kissed you. It was just one of those in the moment type things you know?

- Yeah I get it. - I replied and came up to him. I hugged him. And at that moment I knew everything was going to be okay.