Chapter 9 | The Fun Surprise

Dedication to: @Jadesftionalbows

(And I'd like to thank @AbigailUdongwo for all those lovely comments and the inspiration.)

Chapter 9 | The Fun Surprise

The moment had arrived. My curiosity spiked as we drove through the city, passing hundreds of places that could've been the surprise, when Zayn's hands covered my eyes. I heard the girls gasp or giggle, which meant their eyes were covered as well.

Zayn led me forward, and I heard a lot of laughs and voices from behind, which meant we were in the lead.

All of a sudden, I heard screaming break the moment. I guess we were somewhere public, and fans must have noticed us.

"Shoot. Forgot about the fans." I heard Liam say, a bit worried and a bit happy. He was the one that never ever minded the fans and was always happy to see them, even if he was trying to not be noticed. The other boys on the other hand, sometimes just wanted their privacy, like now.

"I still don't know where we are." I stated, crossing my arms, pouting. I think I heard Leigh-Anne and Jade laugh at me, which made my sad pout into an angry frown. "Can they see? Why can't I? Zayn, move your hands!" I got rather annoyed when Zayn ignored my order and kept his hands over my eyes.

I emitted an angry sigh, but said no more. I heard the fans closer now, and there were lots of them.

"Oh my God it's One Direction and Little Mix!"

"Jade, I love you!"

"Niall, take a picture with me?!"

"Zayn, are you and Perrie dating?!"

"Um, guys, can you all quiet down for a second?" I heard Harry yell, trying to get the fans attention. It got quiet, a few whispers, but that's it. There must have not been too many fans, or that wouldn't have worked.

"Thank you. We are here trying to celebrate going on tour together, and we wanted to come here. If you all would please not scream in our faces, and give us some space, we'd all love to give a few autographs and take pictures," Harry told the fans, who got a little excited I guess.

"Please don't surround us though." Harry added, obviously already getting mobbed.

I felt being turned to a different direction. I got a little frustrated after minutes passing and the hands were still covering my eyes. I heard let out a deep chuckle, and I'm sure my face went from angry and frustrated to flustered and smiley. It's all Zayn's fault for having such a beautiful chuckle.

Finally, Zayn's hands left my face, and I opened my eyes to gasp.

The surprise was a fun fair. I loved fun fairs! I squealed and ran to the first game stand I saw. I heard steps behind me, but ignored it and kept running. I ended up being at a Knock the Cans Down stand. "Would you like to play?" The nice old man asked, smiling widely. I nodded excitedly.

"Two tickets please." I frowned when I realized I didn't have any tickets. As I was about to tell the man I didn't have any, I heard a voice speak up behind me.

"Here." Zayn handed him two tickets like he asked. The man handed me three balls, and explained what I needed to do. I nodded, and threw one. I didn't knock down any cans. In fact, I missed the cans by a foot maybe.

I heard Zayn laugh behind me, and I glared at him. I tried again, and this time it was closer, but I still missed the top can by a few inches. Zayn laughed harder, and I let out an angry sigh.

"Need help?" Without letting me answer, Zayn came behind me and placed his giant hand on top of mine, and guided me. "Make sure your aiming," Zayn whispered. I felt his breath beside my ear, which slightly distracted me. "Now throw."

I threw the ball, and it knocked down all of the cans. Unbelievable. I felt a burst of energy, and began jumping in place.

"Thank you!" I practically tackled Zayn, but he held his balance, which was impressive.

"You're welcome." He chuckled, amused by my antics.

The man gestured for me to pick any prize. I giggled and picked the stuffed panda bear, and let me tell you, it was really fluffy.

"Thank you." I told the man, and he smiled.

"Lovely couple you two are." He answered, and turned to the couple behind us, not letting me tell him Zayn and I were not a couple.

Zayn didn't do anything to correct the man, which made my wild thoughts spark to life. He probably didn't want to bother the man. Maybe he wants us to be a couple, and doesn't want to deny it? Who am I kidding, he doesn't like me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Zayn's voice. "Want some cotton candy?" I turned my head to the direction he was pointing, which was a candy stand. I nodded quickly. I grabbed his hand with my empty hand, and tugged him over.

I smiled at the girl, obviously a fan. "Hello love," I greeted her, smiling. "I'd like some cotton candy with a Hershey bar and a pack of skittles." I wanted all of the candy, but I don't think we had that many tickets, and I wanted to go on rides.

"Of c-course." She stuttered, looking a little faint. I probably looked worried, as she gave me a reassuring smile as she grabbed the items I had chosen.

"I'd just like a Hershey with nuts." She reddened and gave Zayn his order with a wide smile. I empathized with the girl, and kept my jealousy in check, which made me proud.

"Here you go. Five tickets please." She said, a bit more confidently, shoving the candy towards us. Zayn handed the girl five tickets, and got his Hershey. I then realized I was still holding Zayns hand, and quickly let go. My hand instantly felt cold.

I got all my candy,  and found it hard to hold all that candy plus a stuffed panda. Zayn chuckled - which he does that a lot with me - and took my cotton candy and panda. I smiled my thanks at him, then quickly frowned and swat him when he ate a little of my cotton candy.

"You guys are such a cute couple!" The girl gushed. I had forgotten all about the girl, too distracted by Zayn. It was a little too easy to be distracted my Zayn.

"Ha, thanks." Zayn said, and tugged my arm, directing me away. Why didn't he tell her we aren't dating? I was confused, and wanted answers. I opened the wrapper of my Hershey, and took a bite. As I chewed, I mentally prepared myself for the misery that was sure to come. After swallowing, and stalling for another minute, I finally had the courage to confront Zayn.

"Zayn, wait."

[edited 5-29-16]