Chapter 7 | Redeeming Apologies

Dedication goes to @Pezlmix :) Thanks for the comment! :)

Chapter 7 | Redeeming Apologies

I was rudely woken up by laughter. Grunting, I put my pillow over my head. It's not like I was having a pleasant dream, but I would've appreciated a few more hours.

Wait.

What time was it?

I would guess sometime in the A.M., though if it was earlier than nine then I will go back to sleep. With that uplifting thought, I sighed and sat up. I stretched a little, taking my time. Once I was satisfied, I got up.

I walked over to the bathroom, meeting no one on the way. After doing my business I brushed my teeth, taking time to really clean them. I was mostly stalling, but a part of me wanted to clean them well. After taking as much time as I dared, I put my hair into a messy ponytail and left the bathroom.

I walked into the kitchen, and pulled the milk out of the fridge. Jesy was eating on the table, her thumbs flying over her cellphone screen.

I got out a bowl and poured the milk in. Then, with the excuse of having just woken up and still slightly asleep, I put the milk in the sink. It was when I reached for the sink knob that I realized what I was doing. I laughed at myself and put the milk back in the fridge.

I got the cereal and sat down next to Jesy. I wasn't exactly sure if she hadn't noticed me or if she was giving me space, but all the same, for her to keep texting and not even glance my way, well, the person she's texting better be real special.

I noticed Jade rubbing her eye with the back of her hand out of the corner of my eye. My focus returned to my cereal, and I happily began munching on my Lucky Charms.

After reading everything on the back (read: procrastinating) I got up and washed the bowl. I left the small kitchen and went to my "closet."

I chose to just wear white skinny jeans with a red v-neck. I wanted to do something with my hair, but it was too tangled to mess with, so I went to the bathroom and, as I didn't take one the day before, took a nice long, warm shower.

After feeling completely clean and relaxed, I got out and dried my body. I threw on my clothes and softly brushed my hair with my fingers. I chose not to bother with make up, knowing I wasn't going out anytime soon.

I put my clothes in the laundry basket beside my bed, and examined the tourbus. I tried to find an activity to keep me occupied, but I came up blank.

A knock startled me out of my blank state. I curiously went to the small space in the bus that we called our living room. I saw the boys standing there, hugging and smiling at Jade. I quickly turned around, not exactly angry, but not really ready to face them yet.

As I was just a few feet away from escaping, Zayn's voice stopped me.

"Perrie! Please, stay."

Oh boy. I was frozen in the spot, too nervous to do anything else. I felt hands on my shoulders, and I was turned to face Zayn. I looked up to him, my height not exactly to my advantage. He was frowning, and I wanted nothing more than to make the frown disappear. I stayed silent instead.

My gaze fell to my feet, unable to face his intense stare. He sighed and stepped back a few feet.

"Perrie, we came to apologize. We've been feeling horrible since you left. We came over last night, but we didn't want to wake you." Liam spoke with a sincerely upset tone in his voice. Anyone could detect it a mile away.

"He's right. We're sorry. Didn't know it'd would make you upset." Niall was giving me the puppy eyes and I couldn't help but smile slightly. His Irish accent was definitely helping his case.

"I hate it when you're upset, and what's worse is that it's my fault. Please, forgive me." The look in Zayn's look assured he was being honest. Not that I doubted him.

I stayed quiet though, overwhelmed by their apologies.

Louis spoke up next.

"Miss Edwards," he said in a posh accent,"I am sorry for laughing when you were obviously growing uncomfortable and upset. As redemption, I have some Nerds. Accept my offer, my lady." Louis gave me the little box of nerds, kneeling down in front of me.

I couldn't help it.

I giggled.

"You have been redeemed, sir." I said, accepting the gift gratefully. He nodded, grinning. I grinned back, though it eventually faded when I saw a certain curly haired lad in the back.

I didn't need more apologies, and I was about to say that, when I saw the look on his face. Whatever he was going to do, it seemed he needed to get it off his chest. I exhaled deeply and waited for him.

It took a moment for him to finally speak. But of course, he first cleared his throat.

"Perrie, I.." His fingers combed through his hair, showing how nervous he was.

"I'm sorry!" He blurted. The other boys had backed up, and Harry took a step forward. "I truly am. I, I don't know why I thought that was so funny. Actually, it wasn't funny at all. I thought it was absolutely adorable. I guess it was the fact that you reminded me of the time Lux got her face covered with pasta. And Louis thought of that too, because he whispered it into my ear."

His eyes were trained on mine, and I tried to give him a comforting smile.

Uncrossing my arms—I didn't even remember crossing them—I slowly walked up to Harry.

"Harry," I whispered. Even though I already had his attention, his name escaped my lips without my permission.

Forgetting about our audience, I let myself melt a little at the intensity of his stare.

Unfortunately, I could feel their gazes on me, so I cleared my throat and faced all of them.

"Honestly, it's not even that big of a deal." I said, faltering at the end. I knew I had given away the fact that I was lying.

They stared at my expectantly.

"Okay, okay." I surrendered.

"I just felt a little déjà vu, is all. I was bullied when I was younger, and your laughter triggered a memory. It's alright, I promise."

Harry immediately engulfed me in a hug, his arms wrapping tightly around my waist. I hugged back just as powerfully, feeling my eyes watering, stupidly.

I lost myself in the moment. I forgot why I was upset in the first place. I forgot why I didn't stay longer at the boys' bus. I forgot about everything, only knowing that Harry was in my arms, that his chest was against mine, that his arms wrapped around me made me feel safe.

I hadn't been lying.

This was absolutely alright by me.

•••
I just saw The Battle Of The Year an hour ago and it was so perfect and beautiful words can not describe! I love the movie :) And Chris Brown makes me emotional in the movie... & all the time :)

SO... Who do you guys go for? Team Zayn or Team Harry? Comment what you think!

xx

[edited 03-14-16]