Noah POV

I held onto Courtney. I squeezed her and tried to stop crying.
She didn't react, to anyone. Courtney didn't move after we all had gave her a group hug, which lasted a few short minutes.
I let go, and took a step back. She still didn't react. She looked at everyone's faces.
Nobody said anything.

"Let's try again," Courtney muttered, trying to move again towards the road.
"No-Courtney! Stop," with called after her. Everybody had about the same reaction.
"What? I'm fine, lets try different people, we have to-"
"We understand you wanna go Court, but I don't wanna risk seeing whoever's attacking us, and I'm sure everybody is the same," Ian told her. She just blinked at him.
"Do I have to go up again?" She retorted.
"No! No Courtney, let's just rest for a moment,"
"I've been resting, I want to rest at home, or at the Smoffice, Ian, come on," she urged, getting slightly pissed off.
"Courtney please, 5 minutes," Keith budded in.
"Just 5." Anthony repeated. Courtney looked at them. She sighed and conceded. She started limping towards the cabin.
I was quick to her side.
"It's just 5 minutes Courtney, we'll be fine," I smiled at her. She barely glanced at me and gave me a fake smile but it dropped as soon as it was formed.
I helped her up the steps, she had a forming scowl on her face. She must really be mad.
"What happened,with the guy?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.
"His name is Hunter," she deadpanned. We sat down in the lobby on the floor, on the small step. She sat down a small space away, but then she had a look around the empty cabin, then pressed herself against my side. I didn't have a problem, I don't want her scared.
"So he gave you another name? What do you think his real name is?"
"Hold on, what did the voice sound like to you?"
I had to take a moment to think about it. He spoke to me when I thought it was Courtney asking me questions in the woods.
"Umm, it was like you, but then it turned into a guy, it was deep, like really deep," I tried explaining.
"See, mine wasn't very deep, it was deep, but not very very deep, he sounded like a CEO in a skyscraper office that works in a tux, Christian Grey like,"
"Ok?"
"He said that his brothers are idiots, and that he's here against his will," Courtney explained, her face picking up like we just hit a goldmine.
"So all of the names could be different demons, brothers, we're all experiencing different people," I summarized.
"Yeah,"
"Ok, I don't think that helps us very much though, what do we do with this information?" I asked. Her face returned to the scowl as she slumped down in her spot.
"I'm sorry Court, but I don't know what to do with that information," I apologized.
"Yeah, whatever it's fine, lets go check on everyone outside," she changed the subject. She tried to stand up so I got up first and offered my hand.
"Is there anything left in the kitchen?" Courtney asked as she waved my hand away.
"Are you hungry?" I asked, holding onto her shoulder to steady her when she wobbled.
"I just want to make sure we have everything," she said blandly, limping ahead of me to the door.
"I really am sorry, if I upset you Courtney,"
"I said it's fine Noah," she replied as she got to the arch of the kitchen.
We both looked inside of the empty kitchen.
"Let's just go outside to everyone."

"Who's going up next?" Courtney asked as I helped her down the stairs. She seemed more eager now than she was inside.
"I think Ian and I should, go up, since Ian was able to get into the van and move it," Anthony stepped up. Ian nodded behind him with his arms crossed.
"Ok, just a for a few seconds," Courtney advised.
They both nodded, but stayed still.
"I thought you guys were gonna go up?" Courtney asked when they just watched her watch them.
A confused look entered Anthony's eyes.
"We are," he replied.
"Well go up," Courtney motioned to them. Anthony turned around and looked at everyone before walking to the partner the road where everybody else had gone by.
Ian stared at the ground before turning around as well.
Anthony gave Ian a side hug when he got beside him.
Courtney sat on the rock beside Olivia. I decided to stand beside her. Shayne and Keith were also resting on the other big rock.
"Ok, we're going now," Ian called to us without turning around.
They both took steps in sync. They both watched the ground in front of them. They made it halfway on rhe road, before turning around.
Ian almost fell backwards like Courtney but Anthony steadied him.
They checked the road both left and right.
"The road's still empty," Anthony announced.
"We're coming back," Ian told. They made it back while just looking at us instead of the ground.
When they stepped off, they looked like they had just scored the winning point. Supposed victory.
"That's not fair," I heard Courtney mumble. Olivia whispered something back but I couldn't hear it.
Courtney looked agitated.
"Do you think we can leave now?" Shayne asked to everyone.
"Should we try it?" I asked back to him. "Courtney?" I grabbed her attention. She heard my comment and her face dropped from anger to fear.
"Do you want to try leaving again?" I asked softly.
She stated into my eyes. I barely caught her nod because it was so slight.
"Let's try it then,"
"We're going home!" Keith shouted to the sky.
We all got together for a group hug. But Courtney was on a different page.
"I'm not going with you," I heard her say. We all looked to her.
She was looking at the trees.
We all grabbed to Courtney, to keep her still and unharmed as best as we could. We got her back into the middle of us, she looked confused because she couldn't see us, she probably didn't know why she felt a lot of hands on her.
"I'm going home with my friends," she announced.
Suddenly, her leg was lifted and tugged. We all held onto her, keeping her away from whatever monster she was seeing. Her leg was getting pulled back, and Courtney was screaming.
"Courtney, it's fine, we have you, you're gonna be fine," I tried telling her. We were all holding onto her, trying to pull her back.
"Why do you want me?" Cried Courtney, still looking towards the trees.

Slowly, Courtney stopped squirming, and her leg was lowered.
Then she started screaming "No," over and over again. She was crying profusely now. We slowly let her go, and she fell to her knees and arms, still crying.
"Don't, please don't," she kept saying. "Kill me instead," she sobbed.
I saw Ian pass out to the ground. Before we were able to react to Ian, Anthony fell down too. Then the squad was going down one by one. Courtney looked up and saw what was happening, which meant the demon had gone.
Shayne fell last, before I felt myself slowly pass out also.
I heard Courtney's cry as I hit the snow.