Prologue

Emily sat at the kitchen table eating a yogurt as Calum came in from walking Buzz. 

"Snacking?" Calum asked raising an eyebrow at Emily. 

"Hey I'm eating for two!" Emily protested rubbing over her very pregnant belly. She was 34 weeks pregnant meaning her due date was just around the corner. The pregnancy had been a little tough. Calum was on tour form when she was four months until two weeks ago. He missed out on a lot of appointments but also hormones. Holly and Paige had been taking care of Emily until Calum returned which she was thankful for. Calum had tried to best to be supportive through facetime and text messages. 

"You can't use that excuse forever" Calum teased a little making Emily roll her eyes at him before she yawned. Emily had been napping during the day due to be tired all the time because pregnancy does that but also because she doesn't sleep at night. The baby kicks or she just can't get comfortable. "Are you sure you want to go tonight?" Calum asked "I won't be offended" 

"No I want to come I haven't seen you perform in ages" Emily said as she stood up and walked - padded, to the bin. "I can do it" 

"If you're sure" Calum said with a shrug "I've gotta get to soundcheck are you coming to that?" 

"No Holly said she'd pick me up later" 

"Okay well I'm gonna go" Calum said "Are you okay?" 

"Yes Cal" Emily chuckled before she walked over to him and pecked his lips. "Go or you'll be late"

***

Emily, Holly and Paige stood at the side of the stage watching the boys set. They watched as they jumped around and got the crowed more and more pumped. Emily felt an uncomfortable feeling in her stomach but thought nothing of it. It was probably the baby moving or something. Parker danced around to the loud music, doing the air guitar as he did so. Emily decided that would make a cute snapchat so she pulled out her phone to film Parker on her snapchat. Emily rubbed her belly a little trying to settle the discomfort but that didn't work. 

Emily grabbed on to Holly's arm in sudden pain. Holly looked at her in shock before concern as she saw her gasp and bend over her stomach a little.

"Shit" Emily hissed
"What's wrong?!" Holly shouted over the loud music. Emily glanced up at her before slowly standing up straight before another pain shot through her stomach.
"Oh my god" Emily said clutching her belly.
"Em are you okay?" Paige asked frowning in concern and standing in front of Emily. Emily's faced screwed up in pain again. "Shit are you going into labor?"
"Oh shit" Holly said as Emily's grip tightened on her arm. "Okay just breath"
"That's the shitty advice I've ever heard" Paige stated before she glanced around. Emily's breath increased heavily as the pain in her lower body increased.
The boys stepped off the stage for the encore. The screams from the crowd grew louder making the atmosphere more intense. The boys were sweating and playing with their ear pieces.
"Hey what's wrong with Em?" Luke asked to Calum who looked over to see Emily being taken into another room. Calum frowned before he followed after them making the crew signal to him indicating a few seconds before they had to be back on stage.
"What's wrong?" Calum asked as Emily was sat down on a stool.
"She's going into labor" Paige stated making Calum's eyes widen.
"But she's three weeks from her due date" Calum exclaimed as he looked over at her.
"Calum go and finish the set" Paige said making Emily nod in agreement.
"But-"
"Calum it isn't going to come in the next hour you're gonna be fine" Emily said making Calum nod before he ran back to the stage.
"Well?" Michael asked
"Labor" Calum breathed making all three boys eyes widen before they stepped on stage for the last two songs of the set and the tour.
The two songs and bow couldn't have taken any longer for Calum. He was supposed that he remembered to make it through the encore set. His mind was focussing elsewhere, his wife going into labor.
Calum ran back into the room where Emily was sitting with Holly and Paige. She looked very in pain and Calum felt a little bad. Woman really do go through a lot.
Calum walked over to her and she looked up at him.
"How are you doing?" Calum questioned concern showing on his face.
"Well ya know" Emily shrugged a little. "It's only going to get worse"
"We've called you a car and I'm gonna go home and get some hospital things for you" Holly said making Calum nod and thank her before he helped Emily to her feet.
"Okay let's go" Calum breathed as he helped Emily walk slowly out of the back door to the awaiting cars. Emily groaned in pain as she sat in the car.