Grounded. 33

Mason sat in the music room at school with Noah. They went to the music room at lunch rather than the lunch hall because it was quieter and they could enjoy doing something they love rather than try and shout a conversation in an over crowded lunchroom. Sometimes Harvey joined them, but not very often he didn't mind the loud crowds - he was an Irwin he'd talk to anyone. 

Mason sat playing the piano that they had in the music room at school. He huffed a little as he couldn't quite get it right. He could hear Noah picking at his guitar strings other than that, they sat in silence. He glanced over to Noah as he stood up mumbling something about the toilet before leaving the room. Mason was completely alone in the music room. He mumbled a few lyrics to himself as he began to play the keys. He was so lost in the music that he didn't hear someone open come in until the door shut with a bang. Mason stopped and looked towards the door to see a girl standing there. Mason looked over at her before awkwardly looking away. 

"Sorry I didn't know anyone was in here" She said quietly making Mason look over at her. He just shrugged a little and turned back to the piano. "Do you want me to go?" She asked. Mason looked back to the brown haired girl with slightly tanned skin. 

"You can stay if you want" Mason replied because he didn't own the music room, anyone could come into the music room. He would feel bad telling her to leave the room because he was to shy to play in front of anyone. 

"You're really good by the way" The girl commented Mason looked to the floor in embarrassment because no one had ever seen him play, besides his parents and dad's friends - and Noah. He always got bashful want someone complimented him. 

"Thanks" He mumbled before he awkwardly itched his cheek. 

"I'm Natalia by the way" The girl said as the moved across the room. Mason looked over at her as she picked up an acoustic guitar. 

"I'm Mason" Mason replied 

"Yeah I know-I mean- oh god that sounded creepier than it was supposed too" Natalia said heat rising too her cheeks as she cringed at herself a little. Mason chuckled and fiddled with his hair. 

"Don't worry about it" Mason said smiling a little 

"It's just 'cause your dad and like everyone knows you because your Calum Hood's son" Natalia mumbled a little and her free hand moved around as she tried to explain. Mason chuckled at her as she sighed giving him an awkward smile. 

"I understand" Mason said nodding a little. Natalia let out a breath as she looked over at Mason. 

"You probably get that a lot I'm sorry" Natalia said screwing up her nose a little. 

"Actually you're the first but whatever" Mason said making Natalia's brown eyes widen a little. "It's cool though" 

"Why are you in here anyway? Shouldn't you be like sitting in the cafe with all your soccer team with all the blonde girls talking about getting drunk?" Natalia asked making Mason give her a slightly confused look before he laughed.

"Should I be doing that?" Mason asked making as Natalia sat down on one of the chairs, not to close to Mason but not to far away. 

"Isn't that what they do?" She asked slowly making Mason shrug at her. 

"I wouldn't know" Mason stated "I don't sit with them" 

"But aren't you like year captain?" Natalia asked making Mason raise an eyebrow at her. 

"Someone pays attention" Mason smirked a little "Anyway I don't sit with them, they aren't really my kind of people" 

"That's because they are all dicks" Natalia stated with a shrug making Mason nod in agreement.