Olivia . 1

The crying from 6 month old Olivia came through the baby monitor placed on the bed side table.
Calum groaned as he woke up to the sound of his crying baby girl. Emily also groaned against Calum's chest as he sound a woke her up.
"I'll go" Calum said his voice raspy and deep as he began to sit up. Emily moved off his chest and rolled into her pillow. Calum stood up and walked down the hallway to Olivia's nursery room. The room was cream walled with a large window. The cot was pushed against the left wall and above it swung a baby mobile dangling ducks and fish above her.
Calum switch on the light switch a dim light on. Calum walked over to the cot and picked Olivia up as she cried. Her face was wet with tears and her nose screwed up.
"Why do you not sleep when everyone is asleep?" Calum asked in a hushed toned. "Huh. Why do you always wake up?" Calum asked against as he held the crying child against his chest. Calum was very committed to the idea that skin to skin contact was the best way to create a bond between parents and children. "C'mon Livvy" Calum cooed as he bounced her a little. "What's wrong?" He asked "Are you hungry?" He pouted a little bringing up the small girl up to face him. She continued to cry making Calum nod a little before he walked over to the rocking chair in the corner of the room. He sat down and rocked back and forth on the chair in hope of calming down the baby. "Livvy baby" Calum whined a little before he sighed and closed his eyes. He hummed a random tune as he rocked on the chair. He noticed the cried from Olivia die down. Calum opened his eyes to see that Olivia had closed her eyes and was peaceful settled in his arms. He looked down at her and wiped over her cheeks with his large fingers before standing up and walking over to the cot. He placed her down and pulled the pink blanket over the body of the babygrow covered child. He rubbed over his face before walking out of the room, turning off the light as he did so. Calum returned to bed where Emily was sleeping on his sleep. He chuckled a little before he pushed her over. Emily whined as Calum moved her body before she moved on to Calum's body and nuzzled into his neck. Calum closed his eyes and rubbed his fingers against Emily's skin.
***
Emily's alarm went off at 7:30 am. Making both her and Calum groaned before she rolled over turning off the phone alarm. Emily sighed before she pulled the covers off her body and got out of bed. Calum opened his eyes at her as she walked into the bathroom.
"What time are you home today?" Calum asked sitting up in bed.
"Urm 2pm" Emily answered as she slide a contact into her eye.
"I'm going to studio at 3" Calum replied as he checked his phone before he put it back on to the bedside table. He rubbed over his face again as Emily walked out of the bathroom.
"Okay and what time are you home?" Emily asked as she walked into the closet.
"Depends on how it goes" Calum replied as Emily stripped down and pulled a black dress over her body. The dress came to her knees and was plain and bodycon. Emily dabbed a little coverage under her eyes and blinked on mascara. She turned to look at Calum as she pulled her hair up into a high pony tail. 

"Okay well let me know" Emily said "I'm going to get Livvy up" 

Emily walked into the nursery and drew back the curtains before walking after to the cot. Olivia's brown eyes stared up at her as she laid on her back. 

"Good morning Livvy" Emily greeted as she picked Olivia out of the cot and onto the changing table. Of course she would need changing. She wouldn't have gone a whole night without needing the toilet. Emily undid the babygrow and pulled it carefully over the baby's head before she undid the dirty nappy and disposing of it before grabbing a new one out of the packet and the baby wipes. 

Once Olivia was changed and put into a pair of jeans and pink top for the day Emily placed her on her hip and carried her down the stairs. She walked into the kitchen where Buzz and Oreo were sat waiting for their food. Olivia was placed into her highchair as Emily switched the radio on lowly. She didn't know if Calum had gone back to sleep from his interruption during the night.