Talks. 23

"Can I ask you something?" Ellie asked looking at Olivia as they sat in the back garden on the Hood's house. Olivia just nodded and waited for Ellie to continue. "How come you weren't excited when your dad came home?"
"What?" Olivia asked frowning at Ellie as she pushed her brown hit out of her face.
"Oh c'mon, you were like the biggest daddy's girl in the world and you didn't mention him coming home once, nor were you in a good mood" Ellie stated rolling her blue eyes at Olivia "so why weren't you happy?"
"I don't know you just become less dependent on him when he isn't around" Olivia said with a small shrug. Ellie raised an eyebrow at her in doubt.
"And the other reason?" Ellie asked
"Okay fine before he left the house was miserable and all they did was argue" Olivia mumbled a little. She looked at her feet as they swung from the bench. Ellie looked at Olivia and nodded her head.
"And now he's back you think it's going to go back to that?" Ellie asked. Olivia paused and looked at Ellie.
"I don't know" Olivia answered honesty "but since he came back everything has been happy family but clearly it's waiting to break again"
"Ah if it isn't tweedle dumb and tweedle Dee" Jayden's voice said as he walked down the garden. Olivia rolled her eyes and looked over at the boy with dark blonde curls and green eyes.
"What are you doing here?" Olivia asked glaring at him a little.
"We're here for dinner" Jayden smiled at Olivia as she closed her eyes and groaned. "Hey Ellie how you doing?" Jayden asked looking at Ellie.
"Good thanks, you?" Ellie asked blushing a little because Jayden was a year older and very good looking for his age.
"I'm pretty good" Jayden nodded shoving his hands in his pockets and rocked back onto his heels. "So what were you talking about?"
"Can't you go annoy someone else?" Olivia asked
"Liv you need to work on your manners" Jayden stated "it's unattractive"
"Hey Livvy!" Kyle, Jayden's twin said, coming yo next to Jayden.
"Hey!" Olivia smiled at him before she glanced around the garden and ran her fingers through her hair.

*
Calum was in the home studio/music room with Luke, Ashton and Mason. Mason sat at the piano and played a tune that was unfamiliar to Calum.
"He's so good at piano I'm so proud" Luke said as he watched Mason with Calum.
"Why are you proud?" Calum asked frowning a little because Mason was his son.
"Because I got him interested, remember" Luke said rolling his eyes at Calum. Calum nodded a little remembering that Luke had played Piano with Mason.
"Does Liv play anything?" Ashton asked as he walked over to them.
"She can kind of play guitar but she never really took interest" Calum shrugged "she's more like intellectual"
Mason stopped playing the piano and turned to look at the three men standing watching him.
"I wanna learn every instrument" Mason smiled a little
"Every single one?" Luke questioned making Mason nod "that's a lot of instruments" Luke commented making Calum let out a breathy chuckle.
"I can do it" Mason insisted looking between Calum and Luke.
"I didn't say you couldn't" Luke shrugged "I think you should learn the trumpet next, your dad would love it"
"I want to learn drums next" Mason said with a frown
"Great that's annoying too" Luke mumbled to Calum.
"You're annoying" Calum replied bluntly making Luke shrug in fairness.
Mason slid off the piano stool wondered out of the room leaving the boys alone in the studio.
"I have a question" Luke said looking at Calum. Calum raised one eyebrow at him signalling for him to continue. "How's your marriage?"
"What?" Calum asked laughing a little because Luke has never asked him anything like that before.
"That's a good question" Ashton said making Calum look at him.
"It's fine" Calum shrugged "you know marriage"
"Are you gonna try for another baby?" Luke asked as Calum shut the lid on the piano.
"Nope" Calum answered looking up at them. "Its not worth it, it could all go wrong again"
"Yeah but it might not" Ashton said making Calum shake his head.
"Trust me if she gets pregnant again, it's an accident" Calum said "anyway shouldn't we be asking you about your love life?" Calum asked looking at Ashton.
"Why? It doesn't exist" Ashton answered making Luke chuckle at him.
"Why not?" Luke asked
"Weirdly Luke, I haven't had the time and not many people want to take on teenage three boys" Ashton answered
"Michael took on a three year old Parker" Luke argued
"Yeah but Parker was cute" Ashton said
"I bet Olivia thinks your sons are cute" Luke commented making Calum glare at him. Luke looked over at Calum innocently. "Oh c'mon see a teenage girl she's gonna have feelings at some point"
"You don't think I know that?" Calum asked making Ashton chuckle a little.
"I don't see your problem, I'd happily let her date one of them" Ashton shrugged, because they loved teasing Calum about Olivia.
"You're not her dad" Calum mumbled rolling his eyes a little.
"Dad!" Mason yelled "mum wants you" he said popping his head around the door before leaving again.