Football .14

3 years later

"Daddy" Mason said tapping Calum's arm. Calum groaned and rolled his head as he opened his eyes to look at him.
"Mase it's 6am" Calum said in his groggy morning voice. Mason tilted his head to the left as he looked at Calum.
"Football is today" Mason stated making Calum run over his face noticing that Mason was already in his football kit. It was a dark red with light blue stripes.
"Mase why are you in your kit already?" Calum asked propping himself up on his elbow.
"Practice" Mason said tugging on Calum's hand. Calum sighed a little before he pulled the covers off his body. Mason stepped backwards so Calum could step out of bed.
"Go downstairs I'll be down in a second" Calum said making Mason nod before he ran out of the room and down the stairs. Calum looked over at Emily as she groaned a little and opened her eyes as she noticed Calum leave the bed.
"What are you doing?" Emily asked quietly as she rubbed her eyes. Calum ran his hand through his hair and sighed at her.
"Mason wants to practice" Calum stated making Emily raise her eyebrows at him.
"Rather you than me" Emily said before she closed her eyes and rolled over in bed. Calum chuckled as he pulled on a t-shirt and shorts.
Calum found Mason sitting in the living room looking at his new football boots on the table.
"What do you wanna do?" Calum asked making Mason look up at him. Mason slipped off the sofa and shrugged. "Okay well do you want breakfast now?" Calum asked making Mason shake his head no. "Right lets go outside" Calum said walking over to the glass door and unlocking it. The sun had already risen but the air was cool. Mason followed Calum out into the garden where Calum picked up one of the many balls on the decking.
"I wanna do shooting" Mason said making Calum nod at him. Calum honestly couldn't believe that he was playing football at half six in the morning but he was terrible at saying no and he knew that Mason just wanted to do really well on his first game of football. He had been going to a football club since he was four but they don't put them in competitive games until the age of six, which Mason had just turned. Noah- Michael's Son also was playing football today. Noah and Mason were best friends who already did pretty much everything together. It was slightly weird because Emily and Holly were like that but Calum were also similar to that. Being the same age and being brought up around one another since they were new borns it was inevitable.
Calum walked backwards and stood in the goal which he had brought for the garden. Mason stood a few meters away from the goal and placed the ball down in front of him.
"Remember what I told you?" Calum say looking at his son, who was an identical version on him. From skin, eyes and hair colour to his personality of shyness and passions. It was a littler version of Calum.
"Yeah trick them" Mason said looking at Calum. Calum nodded at him and bent down a little into a goalie position. Of course he was going easy on Mason, he was six years old.
"Right lets go" Calum clapped making Mason nod and run at the ball. Mason kicked it was a lot of power for a six year old, who was actually rather small for his age. The ball sped past Calum into the back on the net. Calum looked at the ball before back to Mason. "I really don't think you need practice"
"Yes I do" Mason shouted making Calum shush him because it didn't feel right for him to shouting so early in the morning.

*
Emily got up at half seven. She pulled on shorts she kept next to her bed and let Calum's shirt fall over the top of them. Emily still wore Calum's shirts to bed simply because she was used to it and it was also a sweet gesture. Calum liked that she wore his top still, it was something that kept the relationship young. Emily walked along to Theo's room. Theo was sat up in bed looking at his knee.
"Morning Theo" Emily greeted as she walked over to pull back his curtains. Theo's room was a light blue. His small bed was in one corner, in another corner was bean bags and a bookshelf, he had a toy box under his window and the normal bedroom furniture :a wardrobe, chest of draws, more shelfs.
Emily walked over to Theo's bed which was a toddler bed, it wasn't a cot but it had low sides. Theo looked up at her before he pointed at the gaze on his knees.
"My ouchy hurts" Theo said quietly. Emily pouted at him and ran her fingers through his messy hair.
"Does it really hurt?" Emily asked picking him up. Theo nodded.
"Will it will it get ok again or do they hurt forever?" Theo asked as Emily carried him out of the room.
"It will be better in a few days" Emily said as she walked into Olivia's room. She placed Theo down letting him waddle over to Olivia who was still asleep.
"Wakey wakey" Theo said climbing onto Olivia's bed. Olivia whined and rolled over pulling the covers over her head. "Up time" Theo said falling on top of Olivia. Olivia groaned as Emily walked over to the curtains and pulled them back.
"Come on Liv" Emily said looking over at Olivia who did not do mornings. She never really had done mornings. "We've gotta go I to town for Ellie's present"
Olivia sighed and sat up in bed. Theo looked at her and giggled as her hair was all over the place.
Olivia frowned at him and looked over at Emily.
"Do you pancakes?" Emily offered making Olivia nod as she rubbed her eyes.
Theo grabbed ahold of Olivia's soft elephant making Olivia's eyes widen.
"No Theo" Olivia said reaching to take it off him. Theo giggled and pulled it away from her. "No give it back" Olivia whined "mummy!"
Emily sighed a little taking the elephant off Theo. Theo looked at her and stuck his tongue out before climbing down off Olivia's bed and walking out of the room.
"Annoying" Olivia mumbled under her breath making Emily chuckle at her daughter. Olivia found both her brothers 'annoying' but she didn't mind them. She would never be overly mean to them and would help them if she had to.
Emily followed Theo out of Olivia's room to where he stood holding on to the child gate. Emily unlocked the gate and watched as Theo carefully climbed down the stairs. Olivia yawned as she walked behind Emily down the stairs because she was always tired. Being eight years old was an exhausting business.