homeland. 25

"Okay but why?" Olivia said as she watched Theo pour cereal onto the table and giggle as he flicked them around.

"Theo" Emily groaned looking over at him. Theo looked over at her innocently before smiling and eating them off the table. Olivia screwed up her nose at the recently turned seven year old.

"Why are you having another one again?" Olivia asked looking over at Emily. Emily shrugged at her as she walked over to the table.

"Theo seriously?" Emily asked as she looked at the mess he had created

"Hey if you stopped at me you wouldn't have this" Olivia said gesturing with her finger the mess. Emily looked at Olivia with a 'really' look. "What I'm just saying"

"Trust me Olivia, you weren't easy at seven" Emily stated as she began to sweep the cereal into her hand.

"Hey, I'm not easy now" Olivia smirked a little as Emily rolled her eyes at the fourteen year old girl. "And being easy isn't something to be encouraging mother"

"Livvy" Emily said looking over at her, Olivia smiled at her a little "Shut up"

"I'm just saying" Olivia sung going back to eating her cereal.

Emily put the cereal into the bin and took the box away from Theo. She sipped on her coffee before gagging a little. Her hand went to her mouth before she lent over the sink. Calum walked into the kitchen with Mason coming back from an early morning dog walk. Calum sighed a little as Emily threw up into the skin. Olivia sucked her tongue against her teeth and pushed her bowl of cereal away from her. Calum walked over to Emily and rubbed her back before lifting her up by the waist.

"Well doesn't pregnancy look delightful" Olivia stated sarcasm in her voice as she looked over to Calum and Emily.

"Well at least you won't be getting pregnant anytime soon" Calum replied

"That would mean a boy would actually have to go near her" Mason said as he picked up an Apple from the fruit bowl.

"Get back to me when your balls have dropped" Olivia replied glaring at Mason.

"I like balls" Theo smiled "So does Buzz"

"Oh my god" Olivia whispered making Calum chuckle a little before he turned his attention back to Emily who was washing away her sick in the sink.

"Are you going to be okay to travel?" Calum asked handing her a glass so she could pour some water. Emily looked at him and nodded.

"The doctor said so" Emily replied

"Yeah but it's a long flight" Calum said making Emily nod at him slowly.

"I know" Emily shrugged "It'll be fine"

**

On the airplane Olivia sat next to Calum in the first class cabin. She had her earphones for most of the journey whilst Calum was focusing on editing pieces of music on his laptop.

"Can I ask you something?" Olivia asked pulling out her earphone. Calum looked at her and nodded before turning back to the laptop screen. "What's yours and Mum's actually story?"

"What do you mean?" Calum asked chuckling a little as he looked over to his daughter.

"Like you met in high school, but how and when and why did you date her?"

"Why are you so interested?" Calum asked making Olivia shrug

"Why don't you wanna tell me?" Olivia asked raising an eyebrow at him. Calum sighed and pressed his lips together before closing the laptop screen.