Wake me up. 47

"Calum stop" Emily laughed as she giggled in his lap. Calum smiled down at her as she tried to get out of his grip as they sat on the sofa. Calum gently tickled her sides. "Calum seriously" Emily breathed looking at him. Calum gave her an innocent smile but he stop and just continued to look at her as she scanned over his face. Emily cupped his cheek and ran her thumb over his skin. "I feel like I don't tell you how attractive you are enough" Emily said quietly making Calum look up at her with a small blush on his cheeks. Emily smiled widely at him because he was so cute. He was dressed in a pair of basket ball shorts and a baggy white T- shirt. His hair unstyled and everything was relaxed.
""I mean one of us has to be attractive" Calum replied because being cute and romantic just wasn't them. Emily gave him a dimpled smiled and ran her fingers through his hair.
"I love you" Emily said looking down at Calum. Calum moved her so she was straddling him. Emily placed her hands either side of his head and looked down at him.
"I love you more" Calum replied making Emily laugh tipping her head back a little. Calum's hands rested on her lower back as he watched her eyes light up as as laughed.
"Impossible" Emily replied making Calum chuckle at her a little.
"You're so cringy" Calum mocked pushing her lightly making her rock backwards. Emily laughed again making Calum smile because that sound always made him happy and he could listen to it forever. 

Calum woke up in the hospital chair and glanced over at Emily who was still in a coma. Calum hadn't left the hospital since the accident. That was three days ago. He felt disgusting but he couldn't bring himself to leave.
He sighed as he looked at Emily.
"Morning baby" he mumbled standing up and glancing over her body. "Come on Em please just come back" Calum whispered "just come back to me"
Calum heard the door open making him look over to see Holly standing there. Holly looked over Calum's appearance and raised an eyebrow at him.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this but you look like shit" Holly stated making Calum glare at her. "You should go home and shower"
"I can't" Calum mumbled looking sadly back to Emily. Holly walked over to Calum's side and looked down at Emily.
"You have five kids Calum. You can't just ignore that responsibility" Holly said quietly "I get it, I get why you don't want to leave but you can't just stay here never ending. She might not wake up for a month"
"Don't say that" Calum shock his head "I'll leave you to sit with her"
Calum placed a kiss on Emily's forehead before picking up his jacket and walking out of the room.

Holly walked into Emily's room and looked as she laid lifeless. There was no other way to describe how Emily looked. She was pale, and her eyes closed. The only sign of life was the heart monitor and signs of her breathing. Holly stood at the foot of the bed and watched as she looked at best friend. Holly was putting up a strong front, Emily had five children who had been massively effected by this and Calum who was distort by it all. Tommy was also incredibly distort. Holly was trying to hold everyone together. Trying to make sure people don't give up. Holly sat on the chair that Calum had been living from and watched  Emily's heart monitor.
"Please Em" Holly whispered the beg "Just please" Holly glanced at Emily. "You can't just go, you're my best friend you can't just leave. I need you. Everyone needs you. So many people have come to see you" Holly paused as she looked at Emily's body. "Emily I love you so so much and I honestly don't know where I'd be without you. You've always been the light in the dark" Holly didn't say anything else she stood up and kissed Emily's forehead before she walked out of the room. She noticed Tommy lingering outside. He looked up at her as she exited the room.
"Are you going in?" Holly asked
"I don't think I can" Tommy said shaking his head.
"Tommy she needs you right now" Holly stated making Tommy nod at her before he pushed open the door and stood in the room he'd been avoiding. He walked over to the bed and bit on his bottom lip to stop it from wobbling. He sighed as he looked at his older sister.
"I get it Em" Tommy said quietly "I get why you always told me to live life in the moment. I understand it now, life can be one thing and then in an instant it can completely change" Tommy sat on the chair and played with his fingers. "Maybe I don't tell you enough how much I love you" Tommy said "How much I appreciate you for always being my anchor and having my best interest at heart. How you took me under your wing at a young age and taught me everything I should know about life" Tommy shock his head a little. "Em please just-" Tommy paused as his voice cracked "Just wake up please" Tommy whispered before he sat in silence. He looked at the machines keeping her alive. "Fuck sake this is so awful" Tommy muttered rubbing over his face. "You don't deserve this" Tommy stated "Fucking hell all you deserve is the world" Tommy stood up and wiped the underneath of his eye collecting the water that had formed before he said goodbye and walked over of the room. He walked in to the family room where Calum and Holly sat in silence.