Chapter Seven: I Just Knew

When I got to the music room, no one was there. I looked around for a bit, before I walked into the back room and saw an outfit hanging next to one of the dressing rooms.

Put this on and then come down to the garden. We're waiting for you.
~ Kyoya

"Leave it to Kyoya to make simple instructions sound like a creepy stalker note," I mumbled. I changed into my new outfit which seemed to be a cute maid uniform. I left my belongings in the dressing room, and then went to go find the rest of the club.

Outside in the yard there were tables and treats set up for everyone to enjoy. I saw Kyoya and immediately rushed over to him.

"Sorry I'm late," I said.

"The later you are the less money you're paying off. Please try to arrive on time," he said.

"Don't worry, I will. What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"Here." He handed me five different coloured books. "Go around to all of our customers and try to sell these."

"Wait, what are these?" I asked.

"Picture books. They contain photos that capture the beauty of each passing day," he said.

I flipped through each of the books to reveal that each one had each of the hosts on their covers. Hikaru and Kaoru. Mori and Honey. Haruhi. Tamaki. And me.

"Okay, but why do I have a book?" I asked.

"You're a beautiful girl, Miyoko. Both genders can see that clearly, so I thought that some girls may want pictures of you as well. I'll have you know that I've already sold ten copies of your book. Six of them went to gentlemen who swung by here just to catch a glimpse of you," he explained.

"When did you even take these pictures of me?"

"It doesn't matter. Just sell them," he said. He gave me a book trolley to push around while selling them and sent me on my way.

I walked around to some of the girls, and each of them bought all five photobooks.

"Wow, Miyoko, you're so beautiful! It's like you're a model," one girl said while flipping through my book. I tapped my chin while thinking of a proper response.

"Thank you! But you know, my looks hardly compare to yours," I said causing the girl to blush.

"Whatcha got there?" Hikaru asked and picked up one of the books off of the trolley.

"Picture books."

"Huh?" Kaoru picked up one of my books and looked closely at the cover. "So this entire thing is just pictures of you?" he asked.

"Let me see that," Hikaru said and grabbed the book out of his brother's hands.

"Hey, I was looking at that." Kaoru pouted.

"Well get your own. This one's mine and I'm not sharing." Hikaru said and stuck his tongue out at his brother.

"You're gonna buy one?" I asked.

"Why not?"

"Well then how about buying all four? You'll get a discount~" I said in a singsong voice. He stuck out his tongue and made a grossed out expression, and I happily snatched the money from his hand.

"Thank you, Hikaru," I said, then continued going around to everyone until I completely sold out. I walked back over to Kyoya with a triumphant grin.

"I sold all of the copies, Kyoya-senpai!" I said.

"Good work, Miyoko," he said and smiled, then pat me once on the head.

"Say, Miyoko," Hikaru said and pulled me to him. He stood behind me and wrapped one arm around me, while Kaoru was holding Haruhi's arm.

"Have either of you decided your elective courses for this term?" they both asked us.

"No, I haven't really thought about it," I said.

"How about conversational French?" Kaoru asked.

"I don't know." Haruhi sighed.

"That sounds fun, actually," I said.

"I think the four of us should take it together. It makes perfect sense," Hikaru said.

"We are in the same class," they both said evilly, and in the corner of my eye I could see Tamaki pouting, before sulking next to a tree.

"Yeah! We should totally do that," I said excitedly.

"You really want to?" Haruhi asked.

"Why not? Don't you think it would be fun for all of us to do something together like that? Three of my favourite people learning something new with me. It sounds great!" I said and smiled brightly.

"We're your favourite people?" Hikaru asked softly. I titled my head up so that I could look at him. He was gazing down at me with questioning eyes.

"Yeah, you're fun to talk to," I said.

"Aww!" The two boys pulled all four of us into a big group hug.

"Miyoko! Haruhi! I want you to stop hanging out with those shady twins from now on!" he said, grabbing Haruhi and I.

"Who you calling shady?" Hikaru asked.

"Yeah, take a good look at yourself, boss!" Kaoru said.

"Yes, that's it," Tamaki said and stumbled backwards. "Alright then. We can't go hiding the fact that you're a girl from everyone in this school any longer! All daddy wants is for you to go back to being the girl you used to be! For you to surround yourself with girlfriends and start leading a wholesome life!" Tamaki was bawling his eyes out by now.

"Who are you calling daddy?" Haruhi asked.

Tamaki grabbed a hold of Haruhi's shoulder and started shaking her back and forth. Tears were still pouring out of his eyes. "So do it, change back now! Change right now!"

"You don't have to rush things she's going to be found out soon enough," Hikaru said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Physical exams are the day after tomorrow," Kaoru said.

"Physical exams?" Haruhi asked.

"That's right I forgot all about it," Kyoya said.

"Then that means... there's no doubt. They're gonna know I'm really a girl."