Chapter Sixteen: Not Invincible

It was a beautiful day for the beach. The water was calm, the air was warm, and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. Absolutely perfect. Well, it would've been if Kyoya hadn't brought along all of the club's customers.

What I thought was going to be a relaxing club trip to Kyoya's family's private beach, actually turned out to be just another work day. I didn't know that until we got there.

"Ugh, why?" Haruhi groaned beside me. The two of us were currently sitting underneath a beach umbrella, away from everyone else. Even though I was dying to go swimming, I chose to keep her company. "This sucks. I thought going to the beach meant a day off."

"You know Kyoya, there's always an opportunity for profit." I sighed and laid back with my hands behind my head.

"I don't even get to go swimming because of the girls here."

"We can do other fun things, Haruhi. We can build a sandcastle, or play beach volleyball, or... build another sandcastle..."

"Yeah, I got it."

I puffed out my cheeks, then stood and stretched my arms. "Come on, Grumpy-Groops. Let's go walk in the water, you don't have to strip for that," I said and pulled at her arms so that she would stand up with me. She groaned, but let me lift her from the ground.

"Alright, let's go!" I yelled, and began racing towards the water while holding Haruhi's arm and dragging her behind me.

"Hold on a second, Miyoko," Kyoya said, and stood in my direct path to the water.

"Huh?" I wondered and rushed to a halt to avoid crashing into him.

"I've arranged a little bit of a surprise for you," he said smugly and pushed up his glasses.

"Really?" I asked curiously.

"As a part of our beach retreat special that we've offered our regular clients, I've also extended an invitation to the male population of our school."

"Which means..?"

"Meaning that for today, you are on host duty."

"What?!" I squeaked, my jaw dropping. "Kyoya, no way! I never agreed to this!"

"Well I'm sorry to say that you really have no choice. You're on this all-expenses-paid vacation to work, so if you refuse to simply entertain a few young gentlemen then you'll have to be sent home," Kyoya said in that friendly yet cold voice he always used.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Alright, I guess I can host a few guys."

"Aww, my little girl is moving her way up to a host!" Tamaki said out of nowhere and pulled me into a deathly hug.

"I'm not a host, senpai. It's only for today," I mumbled while trying to push myself away from him. I felt four arms lift me away from the drama-queen, and I was pulled into two other's hold.

"Are you sure Miyoko is qualified to be a host?" Kaoru asked and flicked my cheek teasingly.

"And do we really want to see the guys getting all touchy with her all day?" Hikaru asked, and unlike his brother he faced away from me and his arm was loose around my shoulder.

"She'll make a lovely host!" Tamaki squealed, and reached out to pull me into another hug, but the twins blocked him from getting to me.

"It's fine, I just want to get them out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of my beach day. Kyoya-senpai, how many boys showed up? Five? Ten?" I asked.