Chapter Twelve: The Twins' Fight

"Let's play the 'Which one is Hikaru?' game!" the twins said in unison to a group of girls. They'd been playing the game with different customers for the past hour, and frankly, I found it completely idiotic. None of the girls could answer correctly either, which made it all the worse. I couldn't imagine why they insisted on playing this game with everyone. Didn't it hurt when no one could tell them apart?

"So, can you tell which one of us is Hikaru?" they asked the three girls.

"Well..."

"It's hard to say!"

"You're identical!"

"Many ladies have tried to tell us apart, so far none have succeeded."

"Sounds like a pretty lame game to me~" I sang as I walked past them.

"What, have you got a problem with it, Miyoko?" they asked.

"I wouldn't say I have a 'problem' with it," I said. Haruhi came to my side.

"I don't really get the game either. I don't understand why you two are so popular," she said.

"I'm disappointed," Hikaru said on his own, and he and his brother finally took off their identical green hats.

"Apparently you don't understand the merits of having a pair of twins as members of the host club," Kaoru said.

"Listen up," Hikaru said and held up a finger. "Having a couple of good-looking guys with homosexual tendencies earns the club high points. It also helps if the two struggle between their attraction and their friendship."

"And in our case because we're twins our relationship is taboo, and therefore more intriguing."

"And besides, who hasn't fantasized about twins? Having two loves in better than one, don't you think?" Hikaru spoke suggestively into one girl's ear.

"It's a young woman's romantic fantasy," Kaoru said into the other.

The girl's heart melted and while she and he friend's freaked out over how hot the two of them were, they both smirked at Haruhi and I as if they just proved how valuable they truly were.

I excused myself from the situation and discreetly walked over to Kyoya.

"Um, Kyoya-senpai? May I be excused for the club for about twenty minutes?" I asked sweetly.

"And why is that?" he wondered and stopped writing in his black book to push up his glasses. I could tell that he already knew what it was. It'd already happened four before.

"You know why," I stated, and for proof I slipped him the tightly folded pink note. He read it and smirked once again, then handed it back to me.

"Another trip to the fountain, I see. These boys aren't very original when it comes to professing their love."

"I'll make sure to tell him to be more creative next time," I said sarcastically. He allowed me to leave, and I snuck out of the room without anyone noticing me.

¤¤¤

I got to the fountain outside of the school, and saw that the boy who had left me the note was already waiting for me. He was a handsome young man, with dirty blonde hair and kind brown eyes. The only things that I knew about him was that his name was Takumi, and he was a year older than me. The first thing I noticed was the rose he had in his hand. Thanks to Tamaki and his obsessive ways, he had taught me the meanings of each colour of rose. He said it was common host knowledge.