Chapter 2

Carly's POV

   "So that jake guy," I said without taking my eyes off the road,"does he flirt with everybody?"

     "Yea. Why? You have a thing for "the jake"?" Audrey asks me jokingly.

    "Nah, he's not really my type." I respond, looking at the street signs. Audrey and Noah aren't to great at giving directions.

   "Than what is your type." Noah asked curiously. Audrey looked back and raised her eyebrows at him, making kissey noises.

     Laughing, I said "I'm not sure. The only boyfriend I ever had was in first grade. That relationship ended with him playing tag with another girl."

     Audrey and Noah let out a laugh as I pulled into the place that Noah works. I think I'm gonna call it the nerd shack.

So we walked into the nerd shack, and holy crap. It was like nerd heaven! There were 3 flat-screen tv's and TONS of video games.

"Awesome, isn't it?" Noah asked with a childish smirk on his face.

I nodded my head as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Looking down, I opened the video link and began watching it. It looked like two girls kissing in the front of- wait. Is that Audrey? Lowering the phone, I looked up to see Audrey glancing at me.

"It's ok if you don't want to be my friend anymore." She said, not looking up from whatever she was doing on her phone.

Walking over to her and placing a hand on her shoulder, I said,"Do you really think that I care if you like boys,girls, or even dogs?"

She gave me a weirded out look as I said "dogs", but quickly smiled and punched my shoulder slightly.

"Your not so bad, Parker." Audrey said. I sent her a small smile before saying, "Hey, I better get home. My parents are probably wondering where I am."

Noah gave me a slight frown and said,"Okay. Wait, do you wanna go to a party that me and Audrey were invited to tonight?"

I smiled at him and said,"Sure, see ya there!" And the proceeded out the door.
_______________________

  I walk into my house to find my mom cooking dinner in the kitchen. "Hey mom!" I yell, hanging my backpack up on our coat rack.

   "Hey Carly! How was your first day of school?" She asked. I walked into the kitchen and gave her a hug.

   "It was great. I already have a few friends." I told her smiling. She stopped cooking at the word "friends".

   "Oh honey that's amazing!" She told me, still not cooking. Now if you'll remember, I never really had any friends. For me to have friends is very rare.

   "I want to hear all about them." She tells me. We walk over to the kitchen table and sit down.

"Well, first there's Brooke. I can't really tell if she's just like the popular girls in all the movies, or if she is actually a nice person." I tell my mom, who looks very interested.

"Then there's Jake. He's a jock who flirts with any girl he sees. But still, I think he cares about a lot of people. Even though he doesn't show it." I pause to think about who's next.

"Oh, and then there's Emma. Popular girl who actually is cool. Her boyfriend is Will. He's the cute popular boy who is trying to get a basketball scholarship." I say, and see my mom roll her eyes a bit.

Smiling, I continue. "Then there's Riley. She is the popular girl that everyone loves because she's so sweet and caring."

I then think about the people who I consider my closest friends, " And Audrey. She's actually the first person that ever talked to me at this school. Well, we kinda ran into eachother in the hallway. Oh yea, she has that awesome haircut that you like." I say smiling.

"Sounds like you got yourself some good friends honey." My mother says, a huge smile on her face. "Yea, but there's one more person." I tell her.

"Noah. Noah, he's great. He is a total nerd who loves horror movies and video games. He has brown hair, bluish grey eyes. Super tall. He's Audrey's best friend and-" I stop, being interrupted by my mom.

"Sounds like you have a crush on the Noah boy." She says standing up.

"What? Me? Nooooo." I say, my cheeks getting more and more red.

"Mhm. Whatever you say." Mom says

"Mom, he has a crush on Riley, it's pretty noticeable too." I tell her. "Oh and also, Audrey invited me to a party tonight for the girl that died last night"

"Okay honey. Have fun!" She tells me, going back to her cooking.

"I'll be home around midnight!" I yell, grabbing my keys and walking out the door.

End of chapter 2! Not really sure if this is good or not :/. Let me know if your enjoying it!