Chapter 3

-Carly's POV-

    I parked my car at the lake house and got out. There was already a lot of people here. I started walking inside when someone called my name.

  "Carly!!" Noah said as I turned around. He gave me a side hug, which I returned. Audrey popped up on his other side and gave me a smile.

  "So this is the party." I said quietly. I've never actually been to one of these, so you can say I was a little nervous.

  "Yep, ready to go in?" Noah asked. I nodded my head slightly as we walked up to the door. As we walked in, everyone turned to look at us.

Brooke walked over and started to talk to us.

"Hey Audrey." She said with a grin on her face.

"Brooke, you know my friend Noah. And this is Carly." She said pointing to us.

"Hey I have a little place just like this in the hamptons" Noah says, with a huge smile on his face.

"Okay, drinks are over there and suits are in the cabana if you wanna swim." Brooke told us.

"But uh, suits are completely optional" Jake said walking over to us and looking me in the eyes.

I quickly looked down as Audrey walked to the middle of the room. Everyone all turned to stare at her. I ran to her side as she says, "Yea, I'm the one who kissed the girl!" Then she stormed out of the room

"Star of the viral video, hey look, she's kissing a girl." Noah says. I shot him a look and he immediately knew that he shouldn't have said that.

"Okay uh, we'll be outside." I quickly add grabbing Noah's arm and pulling him outside.

Me and Noah walked over to get a drink while Audrey was talking to Emma by the pool.

"So what would ya like to drink?" Noah asked me with a childish grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile back. His smile was so cu- Carly what are you saying? He obviously doesn't like you.

"Umm, I'll just have a water." I told him, looking down at the ground.

He handed me a drink just as Riley walked up to us.

"Hey,uh, what could I get cha?" Noah asked Riley.

"Umm, just a sparkling water." She told him. Hey, just like me!

He handed her the water bottle, obviously nervous. I knew he liked Riley! Darn, I wish he like me. But hey, he's my friend and I just want him to be happy.

"Hey, was your picture in the paper last week?" Riley asked him.

"Yes uh, my mom did that. Clearly without asking." He told her. They both let out a laugh as I just stood there watching them. Totally not third wheeling

They started to talk about Space X when I zoned out and started watching Emma and Audrey by the pool. Audrey got out her camera and started filming Emma, and they looked like they were getting along. I'm glad Audrey was happy.

"Hey, uh, Carly. Wanna come with us?" Riley asked me, snapping me out of my daze.

"Oh sure! Where are we going?" I asked them.

"Just up to the lake house to hang out." Noah said.

"Ok. Let's go." I responded with a smile.

I'm sat to the right of Noah and Riley is sitting across from us. Jake and Kieren are the only other people in the room that I know.

"I think it's kinda weird that we were talking about slasher movies in language class and Nina got slashed." Riley said.