Chapter 9

Carly's POV

When I woke up in my hospital bed, My Mother was the only one in the room. She looked at me as she saw my eyes open.

"Hey honey. How are you feeling?" She asked, taking a few steps closer to me.

"Better. The pain has eased up a little." I told her with a smile.

"Oh, your little friend Noah told me to tell you he had to go to "the bat cave" for an emergency meeting with Audrey" My mother said to me.

"Okay. I'll give him a call later." I responded.

She gave me a slight nod before saying, "The cops are going to come by and talk to you. You know, about what happened."

As almost if on cue, the cops walked into the room.

"Hello Ms.Parker, we would like to ask you a few questions." The sheriff told me. With that, he closed the door and began the questioning.

*The next day*

So apparently Noah's meeting with Audrey consisted of leaking Emma's "first time". I guess Will videoed it and sent it to someone. My guess is Nina.

I was released from the hospital this morning, and was told to take it easy. Yea right. I wanted to go to school today but my mom wouldn't let me.

I'm sitting in my room as images from yesterday keep going through my mind. I told Noah I like him. And he said he liked me back! What are the chances of that happening? Still, I think it's to early for him to date anybody. I mean, Riley died like, last week.

There's a candle light vigil happening In about an hour, so Noah and Audrey came to pick me up.

As we get out of Noah's car, I am flooded with the images of flowers, teddy bears, posters, notes, and pictures of all who have died. Except one person is missing. Rachel. We walk closer to the pictures of people, and Audrey places a picture of Rachel on the ground.

"Audrey I'm sorry. She deserves to be up there." Emma says, walking up behind us.

"She deserved a life." Audrey responds, beginning to tear up.

Emma places a hand on her shoulder, but Audrey grabs my arm and pulls me away.

I see Noah standing by Riley's picture, and I decide to walk over to him.

"Hey." I greet him with a smile.

"Oh hey. Did Audrey set out her picture of Rachel?" He asked, looking down at me.

"Yea. She did." I told him, placing a hand on his arm. As I did this, he pulled my hand off his arm and interlocked our fingers.

"I miss her." He said looking at the pictures of Riley.

"I know. We all do." I responded, resting my head on his shoulder.

Everyone was crowded around the stage as Emma was saying a speech for Riley.

"Riley was 6 when her family moved to Lakewood. She was, tiny, and completely silent. For the first couple of days of class I was convinced she didn't speak English. So, this one day I tried speaking her her loudly, thinking that would help. And then one day she just turned to me and said-" Emma said, by suddenly stopped at the end.