Chapter 5

Carly's POV

"Hey Brooke? What's up?" I answer my phone.

"I just wanted to let you know I'm filing a missing person report for Jake" Brooke tells me through the phone.

Taken back, I reply, "Okay, just let me know what they say"

"Alright, talk later" she immediately hangs up.

Would jake really let a prank go on for this long?

I throw my phone on the bed, but it starts ringing again.

"Hello?" I sigh.

"Carly" Brooke again

"Yes?" I mumble.

"Jake texted me right as I was about to walk in, so I didn't file it. Turns out he's just being a jerk!" She laughs.

"Ok good." I laugh with her.

"Okay. Bye" she says.

"Bye" I respond. She's in a hurry.

Jake is just being a jerk I guess. That's not going to stop me from worrying though
~~~~~~~~

I arrive at the Crescent Palms motel, and park in the space next to Noah. He wanted to come interrogate the clerk. I'm not sure why he asked me to come, I don't have any interest in finding out who the accomplice is.

"Hey, nice of you to show up" Noah says as I approach him.

"Hey. Where's Audrey?" I give him a hug.

"Not here. I've been texting her, but she hasn't answered" He shrugs.

"Guess it's just me and you" I smirk.

He smiles, locking arms with me and walking towards the motel. I wonder why Audrey has been acting so suspicious lately.

We enter the motel lobby, Noah immediately asking about Piper.

"Crazy chick was here all the time. Usually alone, but once I saw her arguing, with a girl" the clerk, Eddie, tells Noah and me.

"A girl accomplice?" I look at Noah.

"Holy plot twist! Do you, remember what she looks like?" Noah gets excited, and I place my hand on his shoulder, reminding him the accomplice isn't a good thing.

"Yea she had that creepy j-horror hair and those weirdo glasses" Eddie assumes we are talking about Piper.

"No, not Piper, the accomplice" Noah looks down at the desk.

Eddie is about to answer, but his phone rings. He answers it, and I watch him. His expression goes from happy to worried.

Eddie hangs up the phone, telling us he was wrong.

"I uh, I don't remember anything. I should get back to work" Eddie tells us anxiously.

"What? You've been talking to us all night" Noah looks confused.

"This interviews over! Sorry" Eddie says as Noah takes his phone and turns the mic off, ending the interview.

I follow Noah out of the door, looking at the ground. Whoever was on that phone made him end the interview.

We step into the parking lot, not sure what to do.

"Hey! Hey!" Audrey comes running towards us.

"Well well, if it isn't our tardy sidekick." Noah crosses his arms.

"Sorry I got tricked into butter pump cleaning at the theater." Audrey seems calm.

"Man can not live on toppings alone" Noah smiles.

"So what happened?" Audrey rubs her hands together.

"He was on the verge of spilling his guts, and then he just... he just froze. Like he'd seen the dark eye of sauron" Noah paces.

"After the got that phone call." I mumble so only I can hear.

"He probably made the whole thing up" Audrey shrugs.

"No I'm clearly onto something. Before his personality split, Eddie told me about this storage unit that the motel owns just a few blocks away. That's where they keep all the crap guests leave behind. He thinks there's stuff in there that Piper left" Noah continues pacing.

"Right. The cops would just let that slide" Audrey rolls her eyes.

"Piper didn't stay here all the time, it's possible the cops didn't know about it!" Noah takes his hands out of his pockets.

I decide I not take sides in the conversation, staying quiet.

"I mean, I could be the only one onto this!" Noah gets excited.

"I arranged to check it out first thing tomorrow morning. Figured you'd want to be there. Film the big review?" Noah stands next to me, asking Audrey if she wants to come. I'm guessing I won't have a choice if I want to come or not.

He holds up both his fists, one for me and one for Audrey. We both pound it at the same time.

"Wouldn't miss it" Audrey tells him.
~~~~~~~~

Good news! Kieren isn't moving to Atlanta. Him, his aunt, and his cousin Eli are staying at sheriff Hudson's house. I mean I guess I'm happy for Emma, but I've never been a fan of Kieran.

At the moment, I am with Noah at his house, trying to figure out this accomplice crap. I know I said that I really could care less, but how cool would it be if we found the accomplice before they even attacked?

I watch Noah as he starts his podcast, talking about the big reveal of the storage room. It's short and sweet, him saying he's not going to like whatever we find. We talked through the phone call Eddie got. Noah agrees that his personality split after the phone call, and whoever was on that phone influenced him.

Noah ends his podcast, looking over towards me.

"Well girlfriend, what should we do now?" He smiles.

"Hmm. Friday the 13th?" I suggest.

Noah walks over to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Sounds good to me" He kisses my forehead.

I smile down at the ground as he says, "Whatever happens, just know I love you ok?"

I look at him a little confused, but respond "I love you too"

"Alright. Let's watch this movie" Noah let's go of me and rubs his hands together, going to put the movie in.

I smile at him, hoping nothing ever changes.
~~~~~~~
End of chapter 5!

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE SEASON SEVEN PREMIER OF THE WALKING DEAD, DO NOT READ BELOW.

I'm honestly so upset that Glenn is dead. He was one of my favorites (yes I know everyone is saying that, but he really was). I cried for the rest of the episode after Abe and Glenn died.

But Abe never failed to make me laugh "even in his last moments haha"

  Glenn's last words to Maggie killed me. And why you gotta take Daryl?

I really like Jefferey Dean Morgan but I hate Negan haha

  Anyways thanks for reading my rant about TWD. Also if you're interested I have two other fanfics of TWD, feel free to read.