Chapter 20

Carly's POV

It has been eight months since the last killing spree in Lakewood, and today Kieran has been sentenced to 10 life sentences in prison. Except, he was killed the minute he got back to his cell.

These past eight months have been peaceful, allowing me to live a normal teenage life and become closer to my friends.

Noah and I are still together, and have had time to go on actual dates. He has also written a best selling book with Stavo. It is a graphic novel about what happened eight months ago.

Stavo, who I would now consider my third best friend, drew all the pictures in the comic. It is titled Lakewood 7, and the publisher wants a sequel.

I still live with my mom, who got a high paying job as a detective. She assumed that after all I've been through it would be the best option. We moved to a smaller house, considering everything that happened in our old one. We now live in a small two bedroom house near the school.

There is a knock at my door, and I grab my backpack and open it. Noah stands on the other side with a huge grin on his face.

"There's my beautiful girlfriend" He smiles, grabbing my waist and planting a kiss on my lips.

"Hey Noah. Ready to go?" I ask, leading the way out to his car. He jumps in the drivers seat, me in the passenger, and drives to the school.

When I see the group of news crew at the doors, I take a deep breath and brace myself. Noah sees me tense up, so he intertwined our fingers.

"It's gonna be okay. Just ignore them" He reassures me. I nod, beginning to walk towards the school.

The minute the people with microphones see us, the jog our way and begin interrogating us.

"Carly, Noah! How do you feel about Kieran being brutally murdered?" A lady with dark hair asks, pushing the microphone into me face.

"We have no comment" I answer, pushing past them and through the doors

They can't go any farther, but they still shout questions our way. I try my best to ignore them, not wanting to answer that he is a cold hearted person who got what he deserved.

I see Audrey, and together me and Noah make our way towards her. We exchange our hellos as Emma and Brooke approach.

"Just another day in murderville!" Noah exclaims. Stavo walks up to us, giving Brooke a kiss

"Eight months of quiet, and now this" Brooke crosses her arms

"I mean, if Halloween wasn't bad enough already, Kieran had to go and get himself murdered." Audrey rolls her eyes. Everyone raises their eyebrows, motioning towards Emma.

"Guys, I don't care about Kieran, alive or dead. It's this.. it's the press, it's Halloween. I really want out of Lakewood." Emma pushes past us, but we all follow her

"Uh, funny you should mention that, our editor Jeremy is dragging us to Shallow Grove Island for research, which I'm sure is going to be a colossal waste of time." Noah exclaims

"Or inspiring!" Stavo places a hand on Noah's shoulder.

"He's renting us a mansion, paying for all of our expenses, plus it's the off season, so we'll basically have the island to ourselves. Do I have any takers?" Stavo adds

"Yes! Yes, I am so down!" Emma responds

"That's one" Stavo counts

"Make that two" I smile. He holds up two fingers.