Chapter 6

Carly's POV

Noah and I approach Audrey's bedroom door, him ready to barge in. He's mad that she didn't answer any of his calls.

He knocks quickly, but doesn't wait for an answer. The door flys open as Noah runs in the room.

"Hey sleepyhead. I've been texting you since dawn. You ready to check this storage unit? Let's go, go, go!" He twirls his hand in a circle as Audrey tenses up, pulling something behind her back.

"Yea just, give me one sec ok?" She hold up her free hand, sitting stiff as a board. She's hiding something from us.

"One second. Meet us out front" Noah grabs my hand and pulls me out the door.

I wanted to stay and ask what she was hiding, but the excited little 5 year old was ready to leave.
~~

"So, who were you on the phone with basically at dawn?" Noah interrogated Audrey as we walk down the long path of storage garages.

"Hey, funny story, none of your business" Audrey holds her camera.

"Always so mysterious" I mumble, just loud enough so they can hear me.

"Look, maybe we should go get breakfast instead of breaking and entering? I'll spring for pancakes!" Audrey suggests, a drop of worry in her voice.

"No pancakes. Ooh, wait. Frame me up" Noah turns around, holding one hand up and pulling me into the cameras view.

"Maybe use, like, a Dutch angle so it's creepier" He laughs.

"I don't want to be in the video" I chuckle.

"Aw come on. Who wouldn't want to see the murder-obsessed boy's adorable little girlfriend?" Audrey zooms in on me before panning back to Noah.

I chuckle as Audrey tilts the camera like Noah wanted her to.

"This is it" I point to a blue-green storage unit.

"Oh what! The unit was already unlocked?" Noah holds the opened lock in his hands.

"Crescent Palms guy was hazing you" Audrey suggests.

"We'll see. You recording?" Noah begins to open the door as I get a queasy feeling in my stomach.

"Yup" Audrey says. I look back to her and see she looks like she's about to vomit.

I furrow my brows, and she shakes her head. Sketchy.

Noah pulls up the door to reveal...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

"Ugh. Such a lame disappointment!" Noah walks in and pulls the dusty blanket off of the empty chair.

I look back to Audrey who looks confused, still holding the camera up. What is up with her lately?

"All this hype and then, nothing" Noah keeps complaining.

"Yea. It's like everyone saying 'go see the Blair witch project', right?" I walk into the garage.

"Hey. Are you listening?" Noah asks a dazed out Audrey.

"What'd you expect Noah? Some giant neon sign flashing 'Piper was here'?" Audrey walks closer to us.

I notice the slight pause in her voice before she finishes her sentence, and I quickly turn to face her. She is looking up, to a security camera. Are there supposed to be surveillance cameras in private garages?