Chapter 3

Carly's POV

  I walk with Noah to his locker so he can gather his things for our next class. As he opens his locker, I check for a message from Jake. There is no messages, making me worry a little. Jake texts me everyday. I wonder why he's not responding.

Noah slams his locker shut, revealing the new kid, Stavo.

  "You're too focused on the ending" He tells Noah.

"I'm sorry?" Noah asks him, obviously confused.

  "Im talking about your horror viewpoint from psych class. It's too basic.  You read hack/slash? bedlam? Nail biter?" Stavo questions Noah.

"Comic books" Noah realizes.

"Horror comic books. Take madder red from Bedlam. We aren't sure if he's a hero or still a blood-lusting freak. Could be both. Every issue has a twist leading to a cliff hanger. The dramatic conundrum keeps generating bloodshed. And there's always another issue." Stavo rambles on, making me stare like he's crazy.

"Kinda like Lakewood. Killing never ends" he finishes, making butterflies fill my stomach. What does he mean by it never ends?

"I agree. That is a broader perspective. That never happens to me." Noah admits, making stavo smirk and walk off.

  "At last, we've found someone who can provide a valid argument for Noah's murder obsession!" I cheer.

"Shut up" He smiles, playfully hitting my shoulder.

"So this happened" a voice from behind us causes me to jump.

"Uh? What?" Noah turns around, revealing Audrey with her phone held towards us.

"It's no big deal. Just another stupid prank" Audrey tells us as Noah takes her phone and reads the message written on it.

"I should ignore it right?" She asks us

  I read the messages that say "I don't like when you hang up on me. there are consequences for bad behavior, blood stained consequences"

"Ignoring anything is certain death, if I've learned anything from this town" I remind her.

"Yea. We should go to the cops, immediately" Noah agrees with me.

  "No no no. Noah! Carly! I don't want to go.." Audrey tries, but we are already halfway down the hallway.

"Noah, Carly! Come back here with my phone!" She yells, running after us.

Noah looks back at Audrey, smiles at me, and we sprint down the hall, away from Audrey.
~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrive at the sheriffs station, and are immediately seated in his office. He's not there yet so I decide to check my phone. Still no reply from Jake.

I quickly send him a text, asking if he's ok. Right as I press enter, Sheriff Acosta walks in. He sits down on the desk in front of us

"I get it. It's scary. You're a local hero, it increases your street cred, but makes people want to mess with you" Sheriff gives Audrey her phone back.

  "I know what you're thinking, it's probably the pranksters from the other night" Noah speaks up from beside me.

"Which is probably right. This is a stupid waste of time"Audrey snaps.

  "They called late in the night, they keep texting. It's more than just a prank!" Noah says. We dont even need a new sheriff, we already have Noah.

"Hey! Why don't you two go get your friend a sofa?" Acosta tells me and Noah.

Noah and I look at each other for a while, before Noah says "Oh okay. Yes sir. Right away"

Noah opens the door for me, and I leave the room. He follows not to far behind me.

"Go get your friend a soda? He could have just asked us to leave the room" I laugh at the pathetic excuse.

  "I know right" Noah agrees with me, showing off his beautiful smile.

Noah gets Audrey that soda that we were told to get her, and we make our way back to the room.

"You know, that clip is still blowing up" Noah tells her as we walk into the room, making Audrey frantically put her phone in her pocket. I look at Noah, and realize he didn't notice.

"We could use that digital influence and my podcast to crowd source and find the caller ourselves." Noah keeps pushing her

  "Stop Noah. Just stop. Okay have you ever thought that maybe it's your stupid,crazy podcast that did this?" Audrey yells at him.

"Crazy? The morgue? You've been on it, like, seven times already" Noah reminds her.

"Maybe it's time to stop obsessing over these murders. It was just a prank call Noah. Let's go" she looks at me for help on this one. I decide to stay out of it, looking down at the ground.

She walks towards the door, and I start to follow when Noah scoffs. Audrey turns around in disbelief, walking closer to Noah.

"Piper. Is. dead. We shot her. That movies over. Rolls credits, leave the freaking theater!" Audrey finishes, storming out of the room.

  I place my hand on Noah's shoulder, guiding him out of the room.
~~~~~~~

I get home and run up to my room, falling back on the bed. I pull my phone out of my pocket and still, no texts from jake. I decide to ask Brooke if she's heard from him.

"Hey Brooke. Head from Jake?" I send.

"No. have you?" She quickly responded.

"No. I'm getting a little worried" I admit.

  "Don't worry. He's a jerk" she sends back, making me smirk.

"Okay. Let me know if he texts you" I still worry, even though she told me not to.

"You got it" she sends with a winky face.

I throw my phone to the side, quickly falling asleep
~~~~~~~

Blood
There's blood everywhere.
All over me, all over my bed, my walls, my carpet. I look up from my body to see a familiar face. A face I haven't seen in several years.

"Lucas?" I whisper, making the figure turn around.

"Hey baby sis. Long time no see" he smiles, but it wasn't the same. It was Lucas, but he wasn't the same.

"Wh- how are you here?" I ask. This has to be a dream, but it feels so real.

"It's your turn sis" his smile turns into a smirk, one you would find on a psycho persons face.

"My turn? For what?" My voice becomes shaky.

  "I had my turn, Wesley had his. Dad's eventually came, then all your little friends last year. Jakes came as well" He steps closer to me

"Jake? W-what are you talking about?" I back up as he comes closer.

  "It's your turn" he smiles, pulling a gun out of no where, and holding if to my forehead.

"Lucas" I mumble.

He doesn't say a word, as he pulls the trigger on the gun, sending me into darkness
~~~~~~

I shoot out of bed, sweat running down my head. I'm breathing really hard, and I check around the room.

No blood. No Lucas.

"It was just a dream" I remind myself.

"Just a dream"
~~~~~~~

This chapter was absolute garbage.

Thanks for all the votes and reads <3