Chapter 11

Carly's POV

"What's going on?" I ask when everyone in the room starts freaking out.

"The cops are starting to search lockers" Eli points to the hallway.

"Oh no." Kieren is visibly nervous.

"What?" Emma asks him.

"Nothing." Kieren paces.

"I have something in my locker I would rather not be found." Kieren walks in circles around us.

Noah furrows his eyebrows, "Uh, you know how suspicious that sounds?"

"Yea I gotta get to my locker"

"How are you gonna do that?" Eli grunts.

"I-I need help" Kieren stutters.

"Don't look at me" Eli wimps out.

I look up to Noah, knowing he's going to volunteer. I shake my head but he ignores me.

"I'll be right back" Kieren says

"I can not believe he just said that. Umm, okay. I'll go with him. Keep lookout" He volunteers.

"No" I grab his arm. He gives me a smile, walking towards the door anyways.

"Noah there's a killer out there somewhere. I don't want you to go." I tell him. Audrey and I walk after him.

"I so don't want to help him do this" I tell Audrey.

"Me neither" She grabs her stomach as I open the doors, starting out plan.

"Whoa whoa. Wait a minute" the female cop pushes us back.

"My friend is about to vomit. Can you please take us to the ladies room" I wrap my arms around Audrey.

"No, I can't--" She starts as Audrey starts gagging.

The cop hesitates, quickly telling us to follow her. We walk down the hallway to the bathroom, my arm still over her shoulders.
~~

When Audrey and I walk back from the bathroom, we watch emma walk away with sheriff Acosta.

"Kieren made it back" Audrey realizes.

"Where's Noah?" I looks around just as my phone rings. I pick it up, seeing that it's Noah

"Where are you?" I ask quickly.

"We failed, they took Kieren away, and now they're taking emma. I ended up trapped in the halls." Noah tells me.

"Kieren back but he doesn't look like he wants to talk. Listen, someone planted Jakes phone in Emma's bag." I whisper.

"Wait, what? That's why they're taking her?" Noah speaks frantically.

"I don't know. But they walked her out of here like some sort of criminal. Are you ok out there?" I ask him.

"Yea yea I'm ok" I hear his footsteps.

"Audrey seems to think that the person who needs to be arrested is sitting in this room" I mutter.

"Who are you talking about?" He asks.

"Stavo." I say.

"What? Since when?" He sounds surprised.

"I'll explain later. Just, get back safe ok?"

"Ok. Bye" He hangs up.

I breath heavily, putting my phone into my pocket.
~~

"Whoa. We all need to calm down." Audrey says when Kieren shoves Eli.