Chapter 2

Holy crap guys 3k reads. Thank you thank you thank you! I legit never thought this story would do so well!

Carly's POV

  After we ate cake and talked for a while, Noah drove me home. Once I got into bed I got a text from Audrey telling me that Noah was obsessed with his murder board. I laughed, and then checked the rest of my messages.

I have one message from Jake. Opening it, it reads, Brooke broke things off, but im gonna make it up too her.

  I reply "good luck with that, tell me how your plan goes"

Not a second later he says " I love her. I'm gonna get her back"

I laugh out loud, but stop realizing my mom is asleep in the room next to me. 

"Cheesy. Night Jake. See you tomorrow" I text back.

  "Night Carly"

I turn the screen of my phone off, charging it and going to sleep
~~~~~~~~~

   I wake up to the sound of my door being opened, and a body jumping on top of me.

"Wake up sleepy head!" The familiar voice says.

"Mmmm" I grunt, pushing who ever it is off of me.

  "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" the voice says. I look up and realize that it's Noah.

"I wonder why" I throw my pillow at him.

  "Get up. I'm taking you to school" he smiles.

"You know I have a car right?" I stand up, pulling my shirt over my legs.

  "Yea. But that's what good boyfriends do" He walks over to me.

"Good boyfriends don't pounce on their girlfriends" He wraps his arms around my waist.

  He smirks at me, planting a kiss on my lips.

"I'm getting dressed now" I walk backwards.

"I'll be here" he smiles as I walk into the bathroom, closing the door.
~~~~~~~~

"Wow Audrey you took that guy down!" One of the underclassmen shout.

  I step out of the backseat of the car, following Audrey and Noah towards the school.

"Oh wow! Maybe I can stab you too?" Audrey shouts back.

  "Morons" she mumbles.

"It's a new extension to your popularity. You were already a hero, now your an internet hero. It's an exponential leap" Noah laughs.

  "You always find the silver lining" I joke, taking hold of Noah's outstretched hand.

"Okay I've got a good one" Out blonde headed friend Brooke walks up to us.

"My little affair with Jake Fitzgerald is officially over" She admits.

"What? Since when?" Noah is shocked.

"Last night" I answer for her, causing her to look at me.

  "You ok?" Audrey asks Brooke.

"Mhm. Let's just not with the concern and the feelings" Brooke asks us.

  "I'm only telling you cause Jakes gonna tell you anyway. Obviously he's already told Carly." She admits.

They all look at me, and I zip my lip and throw the key.

"I probably came off really bad in his version" Brooke questions me.

"How's Jake?" Noah stupidly asks.

  "Wrong question" I look up at him

"Anyone seen Emma?" Audrey asks.

"She's on her way" Brooke answers.

"Maggie found out she spent the night at Kierens" Audrey tells us.

  "Ugh. Maggie drama" Brooke rolls her eyes.

"Her first day back to school since the infamous melt down!" I cheer.

"The last thing she needs is more tension" Brooke tells us.

  "Hey!" I hear a shout.

"Emma!" Noah cheers, looking to the side.

  "You look fantastic!" He smiles

"So good, wow!" Audrey joins in.

"Wow. Enough with the eggshells. Let's go" Emma laughs.

  Noah smiles down at me, and squeezes my hand before we start walking again.
~~~~~~~~

I take my seat in my new class infront of Emma. To her right is Brooke. Noah is in the front rod, as usual, in the row next to me. I ignore their conversation about jake, as my opinion on the subject would be biased.

  I watch as a girl I've come to know as Zoe sit down in the row next to me.

"Hey Emma. Welcome back" she smiles.

"Thanks" Emma says.

I look at Zoe as she gives me a smile. I smile back, turning around to face the front.

"Did everyone enjoy the reading assignment?" The teacher walks into the room.

Noah raises his hand along with a few others as I hear brook mumble something about Noah and crush. I shoot her a look, making her uncomfortable.

  "Really? You liked it?" Ms Lang asked him.

He smirked, his hand still in the air.

  "I didn't. I thought it was dull" She admits.

I then zone out, looking over to Emma. I see she is glancing behind me. I turn around, meeting eyes with a boy. He was very attractive. I think he is the sheriffs son.

  "Emma!" Ms Lang shouts.

"Good to have tho back" she says as Emma turns around.

  "What part of psychology would be helpful to you in your life?" She asks Emma.

"Uhh. Dream analysis?" Emma answers.

  "Excellent. Why do we dream. Why do dreams matter." Ms Lang lectures.

"Phantasmata and dreams help us process. It's like the garbage disposal of the psyche." Zoe answers.

  "Nice Zoe. Dreams are personal right? How bout let's make it personal. How bout what this town has been through?" Ms Lang asks.

I clench my jaw, remembering the past few months. I lock eyes with noah, and he tells me to calm down.

  "Is it giving us nightmares? Scary, but necessary. We are churning through what holds us back."

"Just like a nightmare on elm street" Noah blurts out.

"Seriously Noah? A movie about a knife fingered psycho slashing kids in their dreams. It's necessary?" Brooke adds.

"The only way for Nancy to face Freddy and learn the truth is through her nightmares." Noah tells us.

  "Scary. But necessary" Zoe smarts off.

Noah turns around and meets eyes with her, giving her a small smile. I feel a churn of jealousy in my stomach, looking at my desk as ms Lang continues talking.

I come back to reality as Noah starts ranting about horror movies, causing me to smile at him.

I look back at stavo, the sheriffs son, as he speaks up on the conversation.

  "I want you all to keep a dream journal. Keep them by your bed." Ms Lang walks over to Emmas desk, placing a sticky note on it.

She whispers something, but I can't read her lips.

The bell then rings, causing me to gather my things and leave the class
~~~~~~~

Once again, thank you for 3k reads!!!!