Chapter 6

-Carly's POV-

It's been one day since I found my father dead on the bedroom floor. I haven't left my room, only having two visitors. Noah came as soon as he heard what happened. Audrey, a little later. She had also found out that her girlfriend, Rachel, had died the night before. Supposedly she hung herself.

Noah stayed only for a short while. He had a date with Riley. Audrey stayed for about 2 hours. We were both seeking comfort from each other. My mother has only came in to bring my food. She hasn't left the house either. Since her room is a crime scene, she has been sleeping on the couch.

I remember the rare nights that my father was home. He would come in and pull out all of the board games we had. After we would play all of them at least twice each, we would stay up the rest of the night watching movies on Netflix. The last time we did that was a week ago. When he's not home, I get good morning and goodnight text messages. I'm gonna miss those simple little texts that show his love for me.

     I jumped when I heard a knock at my door.

   "Come in." I said. My door opened, revealing my mother. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"Hey baby, want to come eat dinner?" She asked me. Dinner already? I looked at my clock. The time showed 6:30. Wow, time flys by fast.

     "Uh, sure." I told my mom. In return, I got a surprised look.

"What? Is something wrong?" I asked her.

    "No, it's just, I thought you would say no. You just haven't been out of your room yet." She answered honestly.

I gave her a small smile and said, "I gotta come out sometime, might as well start now."

   She nodded her head and left the room. I grabbed my phone off the dresser and followed behind her. I wasn't expecting much for dinner, considering what has just happened to us. Walking into the kitchen, I saw that my suspicions were correct. Macaroni and cheese with hamburger meat in it.

"I know it's not much, but it's all I felt like making." She said, her voice cracking on the last few words.

   "Mom its fine. I understand." I told her, pulling her into a hug. I motioned for her to sit down. Grabbing two bowls, I poured us some food. I gave her one bowl and I sat across from her with the other. We ate in silence, not having much to say.

Towards the end of the meal, I spoke up. "You know we are all we have left right," I asked her harshly. She looked at me, shocked.

   "We are all each other has left and as sad as it is, we can't just stop living. It's not what Luke or dad would want for us." I told her, tears developing in my eyes.

"Honey I-" she started, but was cut off by my phone ringing. By the 'Halloween' themed music, I knew it was Noah.

"Hey Noah." I said, wiping a single tear that had fell from my eye.

    "Carly I know your don't want to leave the house but I really need you to go to the police station right now." He yelled into the phone, obviously panicked.

"Okay. Okay I'll be right there." I said hanging up. I looked over to my mom.

"I'll be back, Noah needs me for something." I told her. She nodded in response. I ran to the front door and picked my keys up from the entry table. Hurrying to the car, I unlocked it and started it. About 5 minutes later, I arrived at the police station. I ran to the front doors and Emma came running out.

   "Emma what's wrong?" I asked her. She looked up at me crying.

"Riley. Riley she's dead." She told me. I took a few steps back, not knowing what to do.

    "What is happening?" I whispered to myself. Nina,Rachel,My dad, and now Riley? I looked up to a car door slamming shut, and Noah came running up to the steps, Audrey following him.

"Where is she. Where's Riley?" He yelled looking at me. I looked at him, tears developing in my eyes.

    "No... No she can't-" he started, but burst into tears before he could finish his sentence. Noah fell to the ground and let it all out. I walked over to him, and he pulled me down into a hug.

"I know. I know." I muttered from his shoulder, letting the tears fall from my eyes as well.

     The ambulance came about five minutes later. I was sat on the stairs next to Emma, Audrey,and Noah. Emma was crying uncontrollably, saying it was all her fault.

"Emma they got him, they got Tyler. He crashed his car." Maggie, Emma's mother, told her. For some reason, I felt like There was more to this than what they are saying. I mean, why would Tyler want to kill my dad? Audrey was rubbing Noah's back, and I was just staring at the ground.

"I gotta know who killed her." Noah said quietly.

"Yea, so do I." Emma told us walking off.

     "Noah, I should probably get back to my mom. She doesn't like staying alone anymore." I told him, putting my hand on his leg. He looked up at me for the first time that night, and it sent the chills through my body. His eyes were swollen, but he wasn't crying anymore.

"Okay. I understand. I'll see you soon ok?" He told me, grabbing my hand. I nodded at him standing up.

Letting go of his hand, I said, "Whoever is doing this, isn't going to get away with it."

   End of chapter 6!! Poor Noah. I cried so hard watching Riley's death :(

Anyways, thanks to all who are reading and voting for my story! It really helps out a lot. Be sure to comment anything you have to say!