Chapter 12

Carly's POV.

After I had my panic attack moment, which lasted about a hour, Noah told me he would drive me home. When we get in the car, he doesn't start the car. He instead pulls a phone out of his pocket.

"Whose phone is that?" I ask.

"Audrey's. I have to see what she's been hiding" He tells me, typing in multiple passwords. He is very disappointed when the password is not Noah.

He then types in the correct one, going straight to her messages. I feel another pang in my chest when he pulls up a gif.

A gif of Audrey pulling something off of jakes dead body.

"Oh-oh my god. She knew" I cover my mouth. Noah looks at me in shock.

"She knew, and she didn't tell us" I clench my jaw, now mad.

"Even worse, what if she did this?" His eyes widen before he gives me the phone, starting his car and driving away.
~~

The next morning, I go over to Noah's house. I arrive right when he ends his podcast. When I look to the murder board, I see there has been a new addition.

A picture of Audrey is in the 'prime suspect' area. I look at Noah and let out a deep breath.

"Is this really happening again?" I look at him.

His lips form a straight line as he stands up, walking over and giving me a hug.

"Remember when I promised you that nothing would happen to you? Nothing would happen to us?" He asks me.

"Yea. I remember" I look at him.

"Well that promise applies for this murder spree as well" He grins.

Noah begins to lean down, planting a kiss on my lips. I stand on my tip toes so he doesn't have to bend down as far, kissing him back.

This lasts for a while until there is a knock at the door. We separate when Emma's voice sounds out, asking to come in.

"Uh, hold on. Just a second" He runs to his murder board and covers it with a sheet.

He then nods to me, and I go to open the door.

"Oh. Hey Carly" She smiles. I smile back, letting her in and closing the door behind her.

"I have something I need to tell you guys" she admits.

"The last thing that Piper said to me, was that she had one more surprise. I think that surprise just killed jake." She tells us. I clench my jaw at her last words.

"You mean pipers accomplice." Noah crosses his arms.

"Yes, I know. You've been saying it all along, but now I'm ready to know the truth. I need to see your board" My eyes widen.

"The board? No no no" Noah tries to stop her, but she zooms past us anyways.

"It's under construction. It's not ready" he tries.

"Noah, I'm ready." She rips down the sheet. Noah looks to the ground and doesn't look up when Emma turns around.

"Audrey? What? Why do you think that" she looks back and forth between us two.

"Audrey said some strange things during the lockdown. And then, she went all Frankenstein lynch mob on Stavo, and-and-and she just.. you know her tempers been off the charts lately." He says.

"That's it. That's all you have?" Emma asks.

"It's just a feeling I have" He doesn't tell the full truth.

"A feeling? It's not Audrey!" She scoffs.

"Noah, the killer has gotten in your head. He wants you to connect dots that don't even exist! It's part of his game, okay? He is trying to make it so that you can't trust anyone or anything." Emma speaks frantically.

"It could all be apart of his game, yea." His eyes widen.

"It has to be." She stops when her phone goes off.

"It's Brooke. I have to go. It's not Audrey, so unless you have something real to back that up, you need to take down her picture. Right now." She leaves the room.

"You didn't tell her" I look up to him.

He shakes his head, picking Audrey's phone up again.
~~

Noah and I drive somewhere, I'm not sure where, to follow Audrey. The only thing on my mind is how Audrey could know about jake, and not tell me. She knew we were good friends. His body dropping from the sky is definitely not how I wanted to find out.

We get out of the car, Noah pulling ms behind a brick pillar. He keeps peeking around it, but I just lean my back against it.

I jump when someone grabs my arm and pushes Noah's chest.

"You. Tell me why your tailing me or I'll smack you again. This time for real?" Audrey let's go of my arm and pushes me towards Noah.

"Wait, that wasn't for real?" Noah holds his arm, Audrey giving him a glare.

"Okay we were not following you. I mean, yeah. We were following you, but-- I tried to call you" We begin walking

"I lost my phone. Go on" Audrey tells him.

  "Yea. So I spotted you, and thought, Hey. Follow her! That'll be real funny. And you know, obviously it was not because you hit me. And now I'm on my way tooo-"

"Buy a bike. I don't know how to ride one and Noah's going to teach me" I speak up, mentally facepalming at Noah's excuses

"Buy a bike?" Audrey looks at me.

"Yeah. You want to help us look?" I guide her over to the store.

"Which color do you like? What are you into huh?" Noah places his hands on her shoulders

"You guys are being so weird." Audrey looks at him

"Why? Because I want to buy a bike? Uh I don't think so." Noah mutters. I see him rummaging in his pocket, pulling out her phone.

"Hey, what about that blue one in the back? Do you like that one?" I ask Audrey.

"Yeah that looks pretty cool. Pretty good right?" He says, slipping the phone into her bag.

"You know what? I'm gonna test ride it" I smile, grabbing Noah's hand.

"Thank you!" Noah lightly punches Audrey's arm, guiding me into the bike shop.

"Great. Now I'm going to have to buy a bike" I mutter once we are in the store.

"Relax. We'll get out of here as soon as she leaves. Nice excuse" He fist bumps me.

Noah watches Audrey leave as I continue looking at the bikes.

"Looking to buy a bike?" One of the workers approaches me.

"Uh, no we were actually just leaving" I grab Noah's arm and pull him out of the store.

"We have double seats for great couples like you!" I hear him shout back as Noah and I sprint for his car.

At least I didn't have to buy a bike.
~~

End of chapter! Thank you all so much for reading.