Chapter 9

Carly's POV

Everyone was now throwing up left and right, except me. That's what happens when you don't drink.

"I think we should get everyone to the hospital just to be safe" Audrey is sweating with fear. What's wrong with her?

"I haven't eaten a thing tonight. My bet is it's Jakes tequila" Brooke speaks up, thanks captain obvious.

"Score one for the blonde!" Stavo mutters from the doorway.

"Back in Phoenix it was a thing to go to the desert and trip on ayahuasca. Did it myself once. It had the same pungent smell as that tequila. Made you hurl too. I think we might have been dosed" Stavo laughs.

I look over to Noah, who looks paler than a ghost. He sends me a small smile, me smiling back.

"Even jake wouldn't do that" Emma says

"Wouldn't he? I mean his behavior has been less than stellar lately." Brooke mutters.

"Ayahuasca. Used as a spiritual medicine in ceremonies among the indigenous peoples of Amazonian Peru" Noah reads off his phone.

"Yeah, so if that's what it is,the puking should stop soon. It's fairly harmless" Stavo leans on the doorframe.

"Individuals often feel they gain access to higher dimensions and make contact with spiritual guides. What does that mean?" Noah looks terrified.

"It means you're going to hallucinate." I tell him, feeling smart I knew something he didn't.

"Oh, my god" Emma gets nervous as well.

"Or not. It affects everyone differently. Some people feel wired, others get tense and pass out. Me? I got super relaxed. No inhibitions. It all depends on what's buried inside you. It brings that truth to the surface." Stavo keeps explaining.

"You seem to know a lot about a drug that you only did one time" Emma glares

"Suspicion. Paranoia. Ayahuasca can do that too." Everyone looks at stavo.

"Look if we are all about to start hallucinating we need to keep everyone inside this house.  We need to be safe" Audrey freaks out.

"Yea. I'll go get everyone who is outside yacking in my front yard" Emma stands up. Stavo goes to help her, but Audrey stops him and joins Emma herself.
~~

Once everyone is inside, the hallucinations start happening. Some people are passed out on the couch, others are talking to corners where nothing is there. I stand by the couch, watching Audrey walk around dizzily. She starts talking to Zoe who is sitting at the edge of the couch, laughing her head off.

I follow Audrey with my eyes as she walks towards Noah, leaning in closer to his face. My eyes grow wide as Noah stands there, watching her get close to him. Luckily, he begins backing away. He back into Zoe, who places her arms on his shoulders. She goes into kiss him, but that's when I stand up and charge over there. Noah backs away from Zoe before she can kiss him, pushing her arms off of him.

"Sorry Zoe, I'm dating Carly. Carly's-  really pretty" Noah slurs drunkenly.

He then turns around to walk away, but runs into me.

"Oh hey. Zoe this is Carly. You know the one I was talking about!" He throws his arm over my shoulders. Zoe looks at him and shrugs, grabbing Audrey and kissing her. My eyes grow wide and Noah starts laughing.

"Cmon let's go" Noah pulls me along, leaving Zoe and Audrey to do their own thing.

Noah guides me into the kitchen, where no one else is. He places me on the counter to where we are eye level, and starts kissing me.