Chapter 11

Carly's POV

I followed Noah upstairs into his bedroom, looking at all of the pictures hung up in the hallway. There was lots of baby pictures of him.

We arrived in his room as Noah said, "what shall we watch first?"

"Hmmm. I was thinking Friday the 13th?" I told him

A smile formed on his face as he replied, " it's like you read my mind."

I gave him a small laugh in return as I crawled up into his bed. I leaned back on the headboard and watched him start the movie. After he put the disk in, he crawled up and claimed his seat next to me.

"I'm so gonna prove that classics are better." He told me with a goofy grin on his face.

"You wish." I mumbled.

As soon as the movie started, Noah interlocked his fingers with mine. Almost as if he didn't realize he did it. Going with it, I lied my head on his shoulder, still watching the movie.
_____________

We were reaching the end of the movie, where Jason jumps out of the water and tips the canoe over. Right when it was about to happen, Noah grabs my side with his free hand and screams, causing me to jump and scream at the top of my lungs, not to mention scaring the living crap out of me.

"Jesus Christ Noah!" I screamed, letting go of his hand and clutching my chest.

"I thought you've seen this movie?" He questioned

"I have, but I didn't expect you to put me in cardiac arrest!" I yell, causing Noah to fall backwards onto the bed in a fit of laughter.

"Not funny." I pour, crossing my arms.

"Ah come on, you know you love me." He says sitting up.

I flinch a little at his words, but realize he didn't know what he said. I decide to just laugh it off.

"Alright. So what movie should we watch next?" He asks me, getting up off the bed.

"You choose this time." I tell him, pulling a blanket over my legs.

"Alright." He says putting in a different disk.
__________

We watched about 8 horror movies that evening. I looked at my phone and realized that it was 2:30.

"Oh crap." I said.

"You can stay here. Tell your mom your staying at Emma's." Noah offers.

"It's my moms night to work late. I'll just stay here. We can watch movies all night long!" I yell happily.

"Your like a little child." Noah laughs.

I smile, pressing the home button on my iPhone, revealing my home screen. The picture on my home screen is a picture of me on My brother Lucas's back. I look over at Noah and see that he noticed.

"Who's that guy?" Noah asks me, making my stomach drop.

"Oh. That's uh.. My older brother. His name is Lucas. He died a few years ago." I said, holding my tears back. I still don't like talking about it. Even to someone like Noah.

"I'm so sorry. I-I shouldn't of asked." Noah tells me.

"It's fine.. I've just never talked about him to someone." I say, still staring down at the picture of us.

Noah places a hand on my shoulder. I think, trying to change the subject.

"Okay. Although those movies were good, I'm still going with the insidious series." I tell him.