Chapter 2: Not There

Dogwonder: And we're back! How are you all liking it so far cause the fun's just getting started!

Nya: This isn't fun author.

Dogwonder: Really? Oh well. Let's start now!
________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to Lilly laying next to me.

She's looks so peaceful.

I pushed her off my bed and she fell down hard.

"Why did you have to do that Nya?!" Lilly whinned.

"Cause I don't like your face."

Lilly got up rubbing the back of her head. "That's so mean!"

"We should probably go see how the guild is doing." I said ignoring her statement.

"Yeah. It's probably in chaos right now without Master." Lilly agreed.

"You should probably fix your face first." I told Lilly.

"What?!"

She started touching her face and felt the drool on it.

She pouted at me. "What about you Nya? You have some major bed head."

I touched my hair and felt it poking out. "Fine."

I took a shower than Lilly took one after me. I got dressed in my black vest with white lining and light blue tank top that showed my midriff paired with maroon shorts and black knee high boots. Lilly wore an orange crop top with a white mini skirt and brown sandals that wrapped up to her knees. Her wavy hair was done like usual.

I turned towards the window waiting to see someone's face, but there was no one there.

"What are you doing?" Lilly asked.

"Nothing." I Shaked my head.

He's gone. He wouldn't be there.

We left the apartments and went down to the guild. I opened the doors expecting to hear his voice, but it wasn't there among all their voices. Lilly put a hand on my shoulder, but I shook it off. I headed over to the bar with my eyes naturally scanning the room for his face.

Snap out of it! He's gone!

I sat down at one of the stools and put my head between my hands.

He's gone! Stop searching for him!

The clanking of glass against wood made me look up to see Kinana set a glass of water in front of me. "You looked like you could use it." She smiled sadly.

"Thanks." I muttered. I took it and stared down at it. I saw his face reflected in the water. I squeezed the glass harder and it shattered causing kinana to stumble back in surprise.

"Nya!" Lilly called. "What's wrong?!" She hurried over to me and examined my hand seeing small trails of blood coming from it.

"It's nothing." I swatted her away and went of the guild. I headed back to our room and opened the drawer of our desk in it. I took out the picture of Natsu and I had hidden in it. He had his arm around my shoulder and we were both smiling.

"I see you everywhere even though you aren't here." I whispered. My eyes stung as I clutched the picture tighter. The door opened and Lilly came in.

"Nya. Are you okay?" Lilly asked.

"You've been asking that a lot." I chuckled softly.

"That's because I'm worried about you."

I turned around to face her and her eyes landed on the picture in my hands. "I can't forget about him Lilly." I confessed. "I'm always looking for him."

"No one's telling you to forget about him Nya." Lilly assured.

"But I have to or else I will always be looking for him. He's dead Lilly. He couldn't have survive that attack." Lilly went towards me and hugged me.

"I don't know what to do." I said with my voice trembling. I hugged her back and felt her shivering under the touch.

"I will support whatever you do Nya. I will follow you anywhere." Lilly told me.

"Thank you." I whispered.

She pulled me back and held me at arm's length.

"Nya, I think the best thing for you to do right now is to leave the guild." Lilly said.

I looked at her in surprise.

"It holds to many memories for you and I don't like what it is doing to you. I think we should quit." Lilly continued.

"Quit the guild?" I whispered.

"I really think this is what's best for you." Lilly eyes scanned my face trying to see what I thought.

Leave the guild? To forget about him?

I looked at Lilly's eyes full of concern for me.

It's for the best. I can't keep doing this to Lilly and I don't like who've I become.

I sighed. "Okay. We should leave the guild."

Lilly sighed in relief. "Okay. Then let's get packing." She smiled.

She went over to our closet and took a bag out which she threw to me. I caught it easily and started to pack only the necessary things. I looked at the picture in my hand and threw it into the trashcan then turned my back to it. I shoved more stuff into the bag before glancing at the picture.

Maybe I'm not ready to let go just yet.

I took the picture out and stuffed it into my pocket. "Are you ready Lilly?" I asked.

"Yeah!" She replied.

"Then let's head towards the train station." I told her.

We went out of our room and left Fairy Hills. We went down the hill with our bags on our backs and an slightly depressing air around us. "So where should we go?" Lilly asked.

"I... didn't think about that." I confessed.

"Hmmm. Then maybe Tsukasa. We've been meaning to see him for a while." Lilly suggested.

"Sure." I agreed.

We walked past Fairy Tail and I resisted the urge to look back at it. Lilly grabbed my hand and gave me a smile. I nodded at her and we continued to the station.

Once we got there we got our tickets and boarded the train; We sat across from each other. The train soon started to move and I stared out the window as Magnolia started to fade away. I looked over to Lilly and saw her guild mark gone. I glanced down at mine and saw it gone too.

The fairy has fallen. I guess it's time to be reborn again.
________________________________________________________________________

Dogwonder: Nya is no longer part of Fairy Tail! Oh no!

But Lilly is such a good friend. She gives everything up for Nya. What do you think?

Don't worry though guys! Things will get better! Just wait and see!