Chapter 14: Grand Magic Games and Him

Dogwonder: Finally! Finally! The wait is over!

Nya: Hurry up author.

Dogwonder: Okay! Let's start the fun!
________________________________________________________________________

I rested my chin on my desk with a scowl. Lilly opened the door to my office and looked at me.

"What is it this time?" She sighed.

"GMG." I said.

"You're still hung up on it?" Lilly asked.

I sat up straight and glared at her.

"Well, I'm sick of getting third place!" I yelled.

"You can't really do much about that." Lilly told me.

"If only I could compete." I muttered.

"You know guild masters can't compete." Lilly reminded. "Also, you already choose all the participants."

"I guess." I mumbled.

"Also, Haku should be coming back from training today so we can leave for the games tomorrow." Lilly smiled teasingly.

My face heated up slightly.

"So?" I asked.

"Weren't you missing him?" Lilly teased.

I threw a stack of papers at her.

"Shut up!" I yelled.

Lilly laughed at my embarrassment then bent down to pick up the papers.

"Though you guys should seriously be getting married soon. You've been together for seven years already." She chided.

"Why don't you get a boyfriend first?" I smirked leaning back in my chair. "Like Eve?"

Lilly's face turned bright red. "That's dirty Nya!"

"Yeah, yeah!" I laughed.

Lilly finished picking up at the papers and slammed them all on my desk.

"Anyway, you should go to your room and finally get started on that packing." Lilly changed the subject.

"Later." I sighed.

There was a knock at the door and it opened. Haku came in with a smile on his face and his shaggy white hair.

"Look who's here." Lilly smiled. "We were just barely talking about you."

"Oh really?" Haku looked at me with a mischievous smile.

"Don't get so full of yourself." I sighed. "So how was training?"

Haku strolled over to me and took a seat in the chair next to my desk.

"It was interesting. I definitely improved. Now where's Juliet?" Haku told me.

I made a face. "I think she's having an argument with Mari again."

"Of course she is." Haku sighed.

"Guess I can't hide in here anymore. I'll go deal with it." I stood up and left the office with Lilly.

I looked down at my rowdy guild then stepped down the stairs. Lilly followed me over to the bar where my exceed, Juliet, in her usual dress with ruffles was arguing with Mari.

"A lady shouldn't be using swords!" Juliet argued.

"That's ridiculous! How narrow minded are you cat?!" Mari countered.