Chapter 18: Nova vs. Orga and Lectures

Dogwonder: Hmmm. This fight will be difficult. Who will win?

Nya: Shouldn't you know?

Dogwonder: Haha. Probably. I'll see what I can do.
________________________________________________________________________

I watched intently at the battles. Fairy Tail's Lucy had lost against Raven Tail's Flare, though I suspected cheating involved while Blue Pegasus' Ren had won against Mermaid Heel's Arania. Soon it was time for Phoenix Feather to take the stage.

"Go one! The third round of battle of the first day! Nova Calon from Phoenix Feather vs. Orga Nanagear from Sabertooth!" Chapati announced. "What a great hurrah! They're so popular!"

The crowd was going crazy at the chance to witness these two fight.

"This is probably our loss guys." I sighed.

"What?! How could you say that?! Nova is strong!" Mari protested.

"She is. Just not strong enough to win this fight." I explained.

I rested my chin on my hand as I gazed out knowingly at the battle about to happen.

"The Third Round Start!" Chapati yelled.

I watched Nova close her eyes and breath in. Once she breathed out she opened her eyes revealing them to have become a mixture of spiraling colors. Nova placed her hands out and two turntables appeared underneath them. She touched them and they produced an ear wrenching sound throughout the arena. Everyone hurried to cover their ears from the sound.

"I've forgotten how painful her magic is!" Mari yelled.

"What?!" Niki yelled.

"What?!" Mari shouted.

"It appears Nova has started her powerful sound magic!" Chapati announced.

"Sound Magic: Beat Drop!" Nova yelled

The turntables sent out a huge wave followed by a high pitched sound. Orga stayed firm and let the attack hit him. Once the attack made contact it burst into a huge explosion. The attack barely seemed to affect him though while the surrounding area was crumpling under the magic.

"Woah!" Chapati exclaimed. "What you expect of a member of Sabertooth being able to take an attack like that!"

Nova frowned at this turn of events. She didn't have long to think of a new plan before Orga sent a huge black orb of lightning towards her. Nova was knocked up into the air by the magic and was electrocuted. Her turntables disappeared and she collapsed to the ground charred slightly.

"Game over! What a strike! The black thunder of Orga silenced her sound in a flash! Awesome! Really awesome!" Chapati raved. "The winner is Orga Nanagear from Sabertooth! Till now, they've gained twenty points! A perfect round on the first day! Phoenix Feather got seven points! What a pity!"

"He's a monster." Mari shivered.

Kaiya's eyes were wide and her booze was dripping from her mouth. Niki stood there frightened at the events that had occurred.

"What did you expect from a guild like that?" Masato reasoned.

"He's not a monster." I argued. "There are worse out there. Worse than you could ever dream."

They went silent at that thought. After one more fight that was incredibly weird fought by Mystogan and Jura the first day of the games ended. I met back at the inn with our team.

"Are you mad Nya?" Lilly asked.

I stayed silent and glared at them.

"Is this about Lamia-?" Tsukasa questioned.