Chapter 27: Prepare for Dragons

Dogwonder: I'm updating! I'm updating! I'm updating!

Nya: There is something seriously wrong with you.

Dogwonder:  Yes, yes there is. But I'm so happy that there are people who have been reading since the first book and have bothered to read the second book! Thank you all.

Nya: They like me more than you.

Dogwonder:  I realize that. But let's start the chapter!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took my cloak out of my bag and wrapped it around me. I picked up Juliet then walked around the corner to where the square was. A huge crowd of wizards had formed around the stage where the King stood flanked by guards. I merged with the people in the back silently hoping that I wouldn't be noticed by anyone as pathetic as it was.

But I have been really pathetic lately. Guess this is no different.

"Attention! Toma E. Fiore has an announcement for all wizards present here!" A guard announced.

All discussions died down and their focus was turned onto the king. The king noticing all eyes were now completely focused on him cleared his voice and stepped forward.

"And ask, I'm terribly sorry we don't have time to bask in the afterglow of the Grand Magic Games, but I've just heard that this country is facing a critical moment."

Confused chatter erupted at once at his words.

"Will I seriously ever leave?" I muttered.

"Right now," The king continued.  "a large-scale strategy is underway at the palace. The Eclipse Project. The objective of the strategy is to eradicate all ten thousand dragon."

Complete horror crossed my face.

"F*ck."

"Language Nya." Juliet hissed.

"Yeah! Ten thousand dragons are coming and that's what you're worried about." I snapped.

"It's better thinking about that!"

I sighed. "Yeah. Bring back dragons to stop me from leaving! Thanks all lot!"

"I couldn't really say... As the enemy is a swarm, I'm sure several of them, maybe even several hundred of them, will survive. Wizard guilds, I must request that you please lend us your power to slay the dragons that survive." The king bowed to us. "That is all. Please save the country."

Everyone at once started cheering and shouting words of agreement.

"Looks like we have no choice Juliet." I grumbled.

"Well, it is the king asking you know."

I then watch as the king starts crying.

"Yeah. A real king."

"Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Kabo..." He sobbed.

Everyone freezes and stares at the king in shock.

"Did he just... ?" Juliet trails off.

"Yeah..."

The king clears his voice. "Um, everyone, I'm counting on you!"

The crowd quickly recovered and cheered once again.

"These people." I scoffed.

"I agree. So easily swayed." Juliet huffed.

"But maybe that's there best quality." I mused.

"What are you going on about Nya?"

I shock my head. "Nothing."

The guilds were then assigned spots to defend. However, as I was the "guildmaster" of Phoenix Feather I somehow ended up with them. Knowing I had to contribute, but wanted to avoid them at all cost I stayed hidden in the shadows of an alley where I was still able to hear them.

"Do you know where Nya is Lilly?" Mari asked.

"Who cares about where she is? It's better if she's not around." Kaiya grumbled.

"What thinks you can say that?" Tsukasa questioned.

"Me. Your next guild master."

"If that happens I'm quitting." Akaru retorted.

"Oh really? Why don't we see if you or an illusion talking?" Kaiya growled.

"Will all of you acknowledge already that we are in the middle of an serious matter which means we shouldn't have these conversations right now." Kuzo lectured.

"Shut it!" Kaiya snapped.

"Shouldn't you interfere?" Juliet whispered.

"You know I can't. It will only make leaving harder." I replied softly.

"Stop it!" Lilly screamed.

All the yammering from my old guild stopped.

"Nya isn't here anymore! She's gone! She left me in charge! I'm the new guild master!"

"What do you mean Lilly?" Haku spoke up for the first time.

"Nya decided to leave the guild and go on a journey! She's gone."

"Why did Nya leave?" Niki asked.

"Nya wouldn't leave like this!" Tsukasa protested.

"That doesn't indeed seem like something someone with a personality like Nya's would do." Kuzo agreed.

"So that b*tch finally left, huh." Kaiya said.

"She left for reasons okay! F-family reasons!"

"That's bullsh*t Lilly!" Haku yelled. "Nya has no family!"

"Yeah! Why did she leave?!"

"Where's the coward?!"

"Show us Nya!"

"Tell us!"

"What are you hiding Lilly?!"

"Why did she leave?!"

All the guild member's voice sounded through out our area questioning and demanding about me.

I feel slightly guilty about leaving Lilly with this now.

However, all their voices were soon insignificant compared to the volume of the roar that filled the sky's. It was then followed by a shockwave that destroyed a couple lanes of houses.

"N-Nya?! W-what was that?!" Juliet stammered.

"A dragon. They're here." My body trembled slightly as I comprehended the situation.  "And they're not friendly with humans."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dogwonder:  The dragons are here!

But there is turmoil within Phoenix Feather! Well they be able to fight like this?!

Who will survive in this battle against dragons?!

Find out next time!

Share, vote, comment!