Chapter 28: Eight Dragons, Eight Dragon Slayers

Dogwonder: Guys! High school has made me so busy! I try hard for you guys to get my homework done fast, but there's always that unknown variable sorry!

Nya: Stop your complaining.

Dogwonder: Okay, okay. Let's just start this chapter!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons soared through the sky and released an glass shattering roar. People automatically covered their ears, but it did nothing. Then they met the earth. The dragons landed in different places amongst the city and confronted the guilds that stood before them and one of the guild was Phoenix Feather. The dragon was silver with silver plates covering him. As the members faced the dragon they yelled and screamed cries of fear.

"P-prepare to a-attack!" Lilly yelled.

I saw her eyes full of terror, but she had to stay strong.

"I am Excalibur. Prepare to be devoured." The dragon spoke lowly.

Excalibur then breathed out a gigantic blast of liquid metal that reflected the moon's light. I quickly pressed Juliet and I against the wall avoiding my eyes from it. As soon I felt the heat and power from it subside I glanced around the corner to see the damage. Everything in the roar's path was destroyed and people were scattered across the ground. The guild slowly got up and were soon attacking it uselessly.

"Nya, I think we should help now. They are fighting against death itself at this rate." Juliet reasoned.

I shock my head. "Just a little more. Then I will join."

They continued fighting relentlessly, but slowly losing hope as their saw their attacks do no damage.

"We can't do this." Kaiya panted. "It's impossible."

"We don't have the power to do this!" Sora cried.

"We're going to die at this rate!" Storm yelled.

"W-we can't!  W-we promised the king!" Lilly protested.

Before anyone could retort a loud bang filled the air followed by a cry of pain. Everyone became tense and weary of what could be the cause of the sounds.

"Listen up!" Natsu shouted.

Everyone looked up to see Natsu on a dragon falling out of the sky.

"What is Natsu doing?!" I muttered.

"It's called dragon slaying for a reason! Eight dragon slayers! Eight dragons! This is what our magic was meant to be used for! This is why dragon slayers exist! Let's do this! Time for dragon BBQ!"

"Looks like it's time." I smirked.

I strolled out from where I was hiding and took of my hood.

"Hey guys. Did you miss me?"

They all stared at me in shock.

"W-wha? H-how?" Lilly stuttered.

"That's not important. What is that I have some dragon slaying to do." I cracked my knuckles and then made a dash for the dragon.

I charged my fist with magic then slammed my fist into his head and made him move back.

"You guys can just leave this to me."

Suddenly eggs started dropping from the sky. As soon as they collided with the ground they cracked open revealing small dragons.

"There's more?!" Tsukasa exclaimed.

"Take care of the smaller ones while I take care of this one." I ordered.

"You won't do this alone." Lilly said.

I looked at her for a split second before turning away. "Just don't get in my way."

Everyone then was left to fight for themselves; barley having a second to spare on someone else. I continuously attacked the dragon with Lilly by my side and air support from Juliet, but even I knew that wasn't going to be as easy Natsu made it sound.

That idiot! Always pulling me into these things!

I roared at the dragon from above and made his head crash to the ground, but quickly got up. The battle continued like this with no real damage on the dragon, but weariness taking over me. The dragon swiped his tail at me and I dodged to late. My body slammed into a building and it crumbled underneath me. I got up and and charged at the dragon again.

"Ice Dragon's Iron fist!" I roared.

I jumped up and slammed my fist into his back although it did no permanent damage. I glanced at Lilly who's attacks were futile. The dragon then raised his claw and slashed at me. I attempted to dodge but he was able to connect with my leg. I screamed out in pain. My leg was shredded and I couldn't move it.

"Nya!" Lilly screamed.

I jumped up and slammed my fist into his back although it did no permanent damage. I then witness a scene play before my eyes of me getting seriously injured.

"What the?" I muttered.

I then saw the dragon raise his claw just like the vision I saw and dodged then punched him in the side.

"Did you see that Nya?! I saw the future!" Lilly yelled.

"That was incredibly strange." Juliet commented.

"Now is not the time!" I shouted.

So we continued to fight desperately to live until we saw the dragon, Excalibur, disappearing into thin air.

"We did it! He's leaving!" Lilly cheered.

I glared at where the dragon was. "I'm not happy with how this ended."

"Just appreciate the fact we're alive Nya." Juliet sighed.

I surveyed the area to see everything destroyed and people celebrating the fact that they had lived.

"Well, looks like my job here is done. Guess I can go now." I decided.

Lilly looked at me shocked. "You're still leaving?!"

I frowned. "This changed nothing Lilly."

Tears dripped down her face. "I k-know. I ju-just hoped."

I walked over to Lilly and quickly gave her a hug before letting go just as fast.

"Bye Lilly. I will write to you soon."

I then ran away from Lilly before anyone could notice I had left. Juliet picked me up and we flew over the broken city.

"You know Nya, it's okay for a lady to cry sometimes. It's good for the skin." Juliet said.

I shock my head. "Honestly, I'm fine. I'm sure I will see them again someday. "

"I see. So where would you like to go?"

I thought for a moment. "Someplace where I can get the best view of the rising sun."

"Why that specifically?"

"The color just reminds me of something." I smiled sadly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dogwonder:  How was the chapter guys?! Was it confusing?

Because when that line got repeated it was because Ultear made everything go back in time for a minute.

But besides that! Tell me your thoughts! This was the last real chapter! We are done! All is left is the epilogue!

Vote, comment, share!