Chapter 10: Tsukasa

The driver left us in a random town forcing us to wake Tsukasa and Lilly up. We once again wandered trying to find an inn to stay at. Our group managed to find to find one that let us check in this late. We got a single room with two beds. Lilly and Tsukasa changed and automatically went to sleep since they were so tired. I slipped out of room and stood on the balcony.

Some how I feel lighter.

I sighed and gazed up at the sky filled with stars.

I wish to could have been with him longer.

I heard footsteps and saw Haku in the entrance.

"Sorry to disturb you." He apologized.

"It's fine."

I turned back around and Haku walked over to me.

"Well you always travel?" He asked. "Do you ever plan to settle down again?"

"Not exactly sure."

"Then aren't you just running away? Shouldn't you confront it?"

"How can I confront something that's gone?" I laughed bitterly. "All that's left for me is to run. Like I've always done."

"There is a way. By continuing to tell me about your past. You will be confronting your memories." Haku explained.

Will I really finally be able to stop being fragile?

"Well that really work?" I muttered.

Haku smiled kindly at me." Yes."

"Okay. I'll give it a try." I sighed.

The entire night until dawn I told Haku about the times I spent with Koryu and my brother in detail. Also, how I slowly fell in love with Natsu and how he confessed. The adventures we went on together and the friends I had made in Fairy Tail. Haku would comment occasionally, but mostly listened patiently the entire time. Before I knew we had fallen asleep and Lilly came to wake us up.

"What are you two doing?! Was it something fun?! You should have included me!" Lilly yelled.

"Shut up Lilly." I mumbled.

I stretched my limbs and stood up. Tsukasa stood in the doorway of the balcony furious.

"Why were you out here with him?!" Tsukasa demanded.

"We were just talking." I shrugged.

"Why with him?!" Tsukasa yelled.

"Seriously? This early in the morning?" I yawned.

"Relax. We were just talking." Haku assured.

"She could have talked to me!" Tsukasa shouted.

"Calm down Tsukasa." Lilly said.

"No! When will you rely on me Nya?! When?! I'm here for you too!" Tsukasa yelled.

"Tsukasa... " I started.

He shock his head and ran away.

"Why must it always end up like this?" I sighed.

"He doesn't have a mother does he?" Haku guessed.

"How did you know?" Lilly asked.

"The way he's attached to Nya. He probably thinks of her as a mother, but is possibly mistaking it for romantic feelings. That may also be why he gets jealous so easily. He wants his mother all to himself." Haku theorized.

"That makes a lot of sense." I agreed.

"Though what are we going to do about him?" Lilly questioned.

"Go after him I guess." I sighed. "I can follow his scent."

We went after him with Haku and I still wearing the same close from yesterday. I followed his sent out of the town and into the woods. His trail continued into an abandoned mansion crumbling from time.

"Why did he have to go in there?" I muttered.

"Why? What's wrong with the place?" Lilly asked.

"There are other people there too." Haku informed her. "I can feel their presence and they feel hostile."

"Monsters." Lilly grumbled.

I ignored her and stepped foot into the mansion with the others right behind me. The floorboards creaked under our weight. I once again followed the trail of Tsukasa. As we continued into the mansion I heard his sniffling.

"Tsukasa!" I whispered loudly.

I then picked up another scent.

"He's not alone." I growled.

"What do we do?" Lilly questioned fearfully.

"Confront him. That's the best course of action." Haku said.

We nodded and hurried over to Tsukasa. A man stood next to him and looked down at him in disgust. He had long black hair and brown eyes.

"Get away from him!" I shouted.

"Oh. Looks like we have some guest Tsukasa. Why don't you greet them?" The man smirked.

Tsukasa looked up with a smile and watery blank eyes.

"Tsukasa?" Lilly whispered.

"He's being controlled." Haku noted.

I glared at the man and clenched my fist tightly in anger.

"It's play time. Time to play Tsukasa." The man ordered.

Tsukasa got shakily to his feet and limply walked to us.

"Tsukasa?" Lilly asked.

He held out his hand and a magic circle appeared. A vine came out and whipped Lilly's face creating a cut. Lilly's eyes widened.

"Stop it." I growled.

"Make me." He laughed.

"You'll regret those words." I sneered.
________________________________________________________________________

Dogwonder: Tsukasa is under control! How can they stop him?

Also, looks like Nya is opening up to Haku. What do you guys find out.

Stay tune for next time!