Short Story: When Natsu Came Back

The missing Fairy Tail team had returned. The whole guild was overwhelmed with emotions. While Natsu caught up with the members he continued to look around for her, but didn't see or hear her. He tried to stay optimistic and come up with some excuse about the matter, but even his nose couldn't lie to him.

"Hey Romeo. Where's Nya?" He asked.

Romeo's face showed panic. He attempted to dodge the question. "Look Natsu-nii! I can also make funny smelling flame!"

Natsu gagged at the smell, but became slightly suspicious at Romeo's action.

"Hey Alzack! Have you seen Nya?!" Natsu yelled.

"Natsu! Did I tell you Bisca and I have a girl!" Alzack dodged the question.

Natsu was becoming frustrated with the lack of an answer. He grabbed Makao by the collar and glared at him.

"Where is Nya?!" Natsu shouted.

Natsu's voice rang throughout the guild and everyone became quiet.

"Maybe you should calm down first Natsu." Lucy advised.

She cautiously walked towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Natsu shook it off and glared at Lucy.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Where is she?! Where is Nya?!"

Lucy trembled terrified at this Natsu.

"Calm down Natsu!" Makarov snapped.

"Stop telling me to calm down!" Natsu roared.

"Natsu!" He yelled.

Natsu shook in anger ready to fight anything that moved.

"We're sorry Natsu!" Droy sobbed.

Natsu whipped his head around to face the terrified sobbing man.

"Nya is gone!"

"What do you mean gone?!" Natsu demanded.

"She left the day after you did!" Droy continued.

Natsu shook his head in disbelief. "Nya would never leave!"

Kinana stepped towards Natsu. "You didn't see her Natsu. She wasn't doing too well. It was for the best she left the guild."

"Nya is a part of Fairy Tail! She is still here!" Natsu shouted.

Natsu couldn't take all the voices telling him the one he loved was gone. He ran out of the guild towards Fairy Hills. He climbed the tree he used to in order to see Nya. He looked into the familiar window and saw an empty room.

"Where's all of Nya's stuff? How come it isn't here?"

The words of the guild members kept echoing in his mind until he had to accept the words.

"So you left Nya. But don't worry. I'm back now and I will make sure you come back too."