Chapter 27

"Woah! Cool down it's me" he said rubbing my cheek with his thumb. "Umm.... Yeah" I said, rubbing my eyes while he stood up from his place.

"Where's mum and dad?" I asked. "I don't know but out for some work. They'll be back the day after tomorrow. Till then it's only you and me and I've got no work, so we can chill out" he grinned.

"Wohooooooooooo!!!!!" I started doing that happy dance jumping on the poor couch.

He laughed and said "Get down and go freshen up now. I'll make some breakfast for us".

"Yes sir" I did a salute while he kissed my forehead and pushed me towards the stairs.

Tell me I don't have the best brother in the world? 😁

Fast forward.....

Third person

"Nurse bring a syringe of general anesthesia, fast!" the doctor hurriedly informed the nurse, while trying to calm down the wailing, aggressive patient in front of him, which was soon followed by her running out of the hospital room.

Seconds later the same nurse came inside handing the syringe of sleeping medicine to the doctor. "Hold her" he ordered, peeling his tight grip off the wrist of the patient.

He injected the entire contents of the transparent liquid into his patient's arm, making her instantly feel dizzy. And in seconds the previously screaming and yelling girl was now fast asleep on the tiny hospital bed. She looked nothing but like a broken, lost puppy.

The doctor eyed her with pity and left the room after checking if the drips were correctly given to her,  followed by the nurse. 

"Had a tough day, Ben?" the woman in sky blue shirt and white pants asked. The doctor looked up from the patient's file and greeted "Hey! Katie! When did you come here?"

Katie shrugged and smiled, taking a seat beside him. "I heard you are having to deal with a troublesome patient?" she asked.

"Don't even ask" he sighed, rubbing his temples. "She was brought here 3 days back by a village lady, all smeared with blood and face partially destroyed. We were believing she wouldn't survive but she did. And now she's behaving all aggressive and keeps yelling and wailing if we ask her anything about her" he sighed shaking his head.

"Her family knows about it?" Katie asked feeling terribly sorry for the girl. "No, I'm guessing because we don't even know if she has one" he replied.

"Can I meet her? Maybe I'll try to talk to her?" she asked. "Are you crazy? It's dangerous. She can hurt you" he said frowning. "What if she doesn't? Huh? Let's see the good side of it" she told smiling confidently.

"Okay, but only at your risk. We'll be just near the door and tell me if she's having an anger attack again" the doctor told his friend.

She smiled and nodded.

Ben, led her to the patient's room and she entered the room feeling a little nervous.

As soon as she entered the room, her eyes landed on the curled up figure, facing the window.

She slowly walked towards the girl and noticed that she was crying inspite of the bandages that covered half of her face.

"Hey, sweety" Katie appeared in front of her and cooed, hesitantly taking a seat on the couch beside the girl's bed.

The girl didn't acknowledge her presence and kept sniffling. "Hey! I'm Katie" Katie tried again, by putting out her hand for her to shake. Still nothing.